Organization: Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Title: GIS Application Developer
Location: Sacramento, CA USA
Application Deadline: 2018-03-31
CHECK THIS OUT - Wood Rodgers, Inc. is recognized as a Best Place to Work in Sacramento!
GIS Application Developer
The GIS Application Developer works directly with clients to design, develop, and implement custom geospatial software solutions. The position is responsible for development of desktop and/or web-based GIS solutions. The position is also responsible for GIS and related technology research.
Ok, sounds good so far, but why work at Wood Rodgers? We bring new ways of solving old problems. We are inventors, we ask ‘why not?’ and we challenge convention. Sound like you? Read on:
What you will be doing:
• Application design, development and collaboration in an on-site team environment
o Develop and apply service orientated architectures to enterprise solutions
o Design and develop customized desktop solutions
o Design and develop customized web applications
• Administrate existing databases and develop custom functions, views and maintenance plans
• Server administration tasks to include ArcGIS for Server, Microsoft IIS and various Linux micro-hosts
• And of course, “other duties as assigned”
• Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent education and experience, in Computer Science, Geography/GIS, Engineering or related field required
• 3+ years of experience as a software developer required
o Desktop to include Esri’s ArcGIS for Desktop arcpy Python module
• Experience with RDBMS such as Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL and Microsoft Access
• Familiarity with standard software development protocols and coding standards
o Version control systems (git, svn)
o Test driven development
• Application documentation including system design and technical specifications
Things we’d like to see
• 5+ years of experience developing mobile and/or web GIS applications preferred
• A passion for working with teammates and customers to solve problems
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines as well as work in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of geospatial concepts and internet architectures and technologies
If you are serious, dedicated and driven to uncover new and exciting solutions, then go to our website at www.woodrodgers.com to learn more or to apply for this position.
EEO/AAP - M/F/Vet/Disability