Organization: US Solar
Title: GIS Technician
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Application Deadline: 2018-02-23
The GIS Technician will perform Geographic Information Systems (GIS) tasks supporting the Site Selection team’s work. The individual must be able to handle multiple tasks and be detail oriented. This individual will work in a fluid environment and communicate with co-workers and external parties. The successful applicant will need the skills to conduct GIS tasks including preparing professional quality digital maps and creating, updating, editing, and reviewing spatial and tabular datasets. The individual must be a critical thinker and problem solver who can work independently.
Essential Duties Include:
• Utilize Esri and Open Source GIS Software to capture, create, edit, query, and manage geospatial data.
• Create custom maps and charts.
• Use appropriate software (e.g., MS Excel, MS Access, etc.) to perform tabular data analysis.
• Stay abreast of new geospatial trends and technologies.
• Research and compile data for special studies, environmental reports, and internal memos.
• Assist in the production of packets for permitting applications.
• Perform fieldwork studies in conjunction with projects or ordinances.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 1 year of professional experience.
• Interest and/or experience in Geography and GIS.
• Interest and/or experience in utilities.
• Interest and/or experience in Solar and renewable energy.
• Proficiency in one or more GIS software platforms.
• Outstanding writing, communication, and teaming skills with colleagues and clients.
• Efficient manager of workflows, including planning, priority setting, coordination, and execution.
• Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record in Geography, GIS, or a related field of study.
• Proficiency in analysis using Excel, Python, SPSS, R, and/or SQL.
• Proficiency in relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL).
Please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject should read “GIS Technician”