Organization: Dynamic Software Solutions
Title: System Administrator
Location: USAG-HI, Wheeler Army Airfield, Hawaii
Application Deadline: 2018-02-28
DS2 is seeking a System Administrator to support the US Army Garrison Hawaii (USAG-HI). The selected candidate will manage system administration tasks for the Directorate of Public Works (DPW) for Installation-wide geospatial capability. The program is responsible for providing oversight on the creation, maintenance, and management of Installation Geospatial Data.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Remote configuration of DPW Geospatial Hardware servers
• On-site support of GIS/CADD desktops
• Supporting network communication hardware, and other required hardware to support DPW GIS/CADD operations.
• Army Gold Master imaging may also be required.
• Support maintenance of plotters, large format scanners, portable and mobile devices, and field GPS equipment.
• Software Administration includes the installation, configuration and maintenance of ArcMap Suite, ArcServer, Arc Spatial Database Engine (SDE), ArcPad, ProjectWise, Bentley Microstation, Bentley Map, other approved Bentley products, GeoMedia, Imagine, AutoCAD, Pathfinder Office, TerraSync, SketchUp, SQLServer, Oracle, Prisms, Feature Manipulation Engine (FME), Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Internet Protocol software licensing.
• Additional Geospatial software may be added as needed. Again, depending on the level of access granted, management may be required of all Geospatial user access accounts, troubleshooting software compatibility connections, and administration of user privileges and permissions.
• Upgrades shall be performed on Desktop-Side software at regular intervals as recommended by ESRI, Bentley, Intergraph, AutoDesk, Trimble, and any other installed Geospatial software.
• Upgrades shall be performed on Server-Side software at regular intervals as recommended by ESRI, Microsoft, Bentley, Intergraph, AutoDesk, Trimble, and any other installed Geospatial software.
• Database upgrades may also include the migration of any existing GeoDatabases to the new software format and re-establishment of connections for the individual users.
• Support remote administration of off-site web hosting services.
A bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ relevant experience such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems, or additional 4 years’ experience without a degree. Must be a U.S. Citizen. NetPlus or DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification – CompTIA Security+ certifications. Maintain a police record without recorded offenses. Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. Strong communication skills with the ability to express ideas orally, in writing, or by means of graphics and sketches.
The selected candidate must have working knowledge of the following:
• Desktop Image Management
• Print, Fax, Scan Support Services
• SQL Server Database Management Support
• Desktop Software Support Services
• ESRI and Trimble mapping products
• AutoDesk Computer aided design software
• Trimble survey and post process software
USAG-HI, Wheeler Army Airfield, Hawaii (No relocation is available)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If interested, please send resume to email@example.com