Organization: Dynamic Software Solutions
Title: GIS Web Developer
Location: USAG-HI, Wheeler Army Airfield, Hawaii
Application Deadline: 2018-02-28
GIS Web Developer
DS2 is seeking a GIS Web Developer to support the Us Army Garrison Hawaii (USAG-HI). The selected candidate(s) will manage the Directorate of Public Works (DPW) General Web Mapper Application and supplemental custom web mapper applications. The developer is responsible for design, development, testing, and implementation both for on-site and potentially off-site via a secure hosting service.
• Provide basic tools for query, measuring, retrieving, and printing maps
• Additional enhancements as additional layers are added and sophistication of users increase
• Familiarity with Agile Software Development processes
• Troubleshoot and solve software issues
• Research technical problems and suggest improvements
• Analyze and integrate new web products/technologies with existing web applications
A bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ experience in Geography or related science. Must be a U.S. Citizen. Be able to operate and maintain large format printing equipment. Ability to perform field surveys in and around buildings and heavily vegetated areas. Ability to traverse on foot while carrying GPS survey equipment. Maintain a police record without recorded offenses. Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. Strong communication skills with the ability to express ideas orally, in writing, or by means of graphics and sketches. Strong analytical skills. Lifting up to 50 lbs may be required. Ability to climb ladders and perform work at least 10 feet above ground.
The selected candidate must have working knowledge of the following computer software:
• ESRI mapping products
• Microsoft Visual Studio
• Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Azure Cloud Technologies
Favorable Adjudicated National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)
USAG-HI, Wheeler Army Airfield, Hawaii (No relocation is available)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If interested, please send resume to email@example.com