Organization: Simplify Compliance
Title: GIS Software Engineer
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
CCMI, a SimplifyCompliance company, is looking for a passionate geo-spatial software engineer with 5+ years of experience to support and grow one of the premier fiber broadband inventory and mapping applications available in the US and many countries around the globe.
As a member of our group, you will help prioritize features, develop and deploy code to a production environment. In addition, you will also:
- Participate in agile team activities, including: Story writing, planning, estimation, daily standups
- Do what is necessary to ensure successful continuous improvement and seamless product delivery
- Diagnose and solve production issues
- Provide and receive critique on design and development decisions
- Participate in devops, deployment, and hosting conversations and decisions
- Play a leadership role in application architecture, code quality assurance, and scaling
- Author new features by actively writing original code
- Provide technical support to API customers
- Geospatial data manipulation
- Develop custom analyses and reports
- Prepare static maps for marketing and other promotional activities
Additional qualifying experience to include some combination of experience in one or more of the following platforms
- Raster Tiles (Mapproxy)
- synchronous Message-Based Programming
- Server Security and Maintenance
- Preferred Experiences include: project scoping and budgeting, technical guidance and technical customer support
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter including your salary requirements.
We offer a competitive compensation package including monthly commissions, a full menu of benefits including health, dental, life insurance, a 401K with company match, tuition reimbursement, an innovative time off program, free fruit cart every afternoon and tickets to various sporting events throughout the year.
CCMI is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.