Title: GIS Web Developer
Innovate!, in support of the Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, is seeking a web developer. Candidate must have expertise in design, architecture and development of professional websites. Candidate should have experience of modern web technologies and the trends in web development. Candidate will be part of a high-profile application Modernization project for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) that provides vehicle safety information to the public in support of NHTSA's mission to improve safety on our Nation's highways. The successful candidate will be joining a team of professionals in a fast-paced environment where they will be a key player with technical development responsibilities. A candidate for this position will be a self-starter who values their work and that of their team members.
*Candidate must be clearable for position of Public Trust*
Essential Job Functions
• Design, develop, test and maintain web application
• Employ modern software development practices, including unit testing, continuous integration, and configuration management
• Work as a member of large team including other developers, Business Analysts, QA Engineers, and Project Manager interacting with related teams on new product development.
• Able to deal comfortably with ambiguity in a change-driven development project
Required Technical Skills:
• 3+ years of web development experience
• Demonstrated proficiency and experience in HTML5, CSS3
• Knowledge and experience of web frameworks like Bootstrap 4.0
• Some experience of consuming web services using Web API
• Understanding and experience of developing Restful Web services
• Debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Experience working with 3rd party UI controls such as Kendo UI.
• Unit and end-to-end Testing
• Experience of building accessible web sites
Preferred Technical Skills:
• Some experience of developing web applications in the Net environment
• Understanding and exposure front-end design patterns including MVC, MVVM, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years of commercial web development experience
• Web developer certifications would be a nice to have
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Please visit our website at www.innovateteam.com to learn more about Innovate! Here is the link to directly apply to this position:
Innovate!, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.