Organization: New Light Technologies Inc
Title: Geospatial Web Developer
Location: Washington DC
New Light Technologies Inc is seeking a Geospatial Web Application Developer. Join a team of talented technology professionals in the Washington DC area building state-of-the-art web applications and data tools supporting missions critical to our nation’s communities, economy, and public safety! Apply your skills in Web Development, Big Data, and Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), to develop, enhance, and manage innovative web-based analytical tools for the rapid integration of large spatial and temporal data, analytics and reporting, visualization, and dissemination of data. The candidate will work in an exciting multi-disciplinary environment among a team of talented and dedicated professionals in a variety of fields including Geography, Emergency Management, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, and Information Technology. The candidate will act as a lead and as a member of a team in designing, documenting, developing, improving, maintaining and supporting applications through the project lifecycle from requirements gathering to deployment.
- Develop and maintain software components and system integrations as part of a rapidly-evolving agile development environment
- Mange, test and deploy software components and Web applications within a rapid development agile lifecycle
- Troubleshoot problems with application performance or functionality
- Evaluate proposed systems and recommend improvements based on emerging software technologies and products
- Serve as applications adviser to non-technical internal clients
- Document application and database designs, develop installation and maintenance guides
- Experience with web application design & development
- Experience with Python and programming, coding, and scripting
- Experience with UI design and development
- Experience developing APIs and Web Services
- Experience with Cloud-based infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with GitHub, Subversion, or another source control system
- Experience with large datasets and databases, ETL, data processing, data warehousing
- Experience with data visualization (techniques, alternatives, solutions, software, challenges, etc.)
- Experience with database design and RDBMS
- Experience with PostGRES, PostGIS, SQLite, MySQL, Oracle, GeoJSON, WMS, KML, Shapefiles
- Understanding of GIS software, methodologies, and challenges
- Experience with GIS software and Geographic and Spatial Data
- Capability to develop geoprocessing solutions for handling geographic data issues
- Understanding of federal/national and local municipal GIS data
- Experience developing web mapping applications
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS Server, Portal, AGOL, and Open Source tools such as GeoServer, PostGIS, OpenLayers, GDAL, etc
- Experience with Windows and Redhat Linux desired
- Experience developing and deploying web applications in Development, Staging, and Production environments
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong writing, communication, and documentation, presentation skills
- Ability to obtain and hold U.S. Government security clearance
How to Apply:
Please send resumes and cover letter to email@example.com (with ‘Geospatial Web Developer’ in the subject line).
New Light Technologies Inc., a small business based in Washington DC, provides comprehensive information technology solutions for clients in government, commercial, and non-profit sectors including extensive experience in public safety & emergency management, transportation, urban planning, demographics & economics, environmental studies, telecommunications, healthcare, and other fields. NLT specializes in DevOps enterprise-scale systems development, management, and staffing and offers unique capabilities in IT Infrastructure Modernization, Mobile Computing, Cybersecurity, Big Data Development, Modeling & Analytics, Geospatial Information Systems, and the Development of High Performance Web-based Visualization Solutions.
If you’re looking to join a dynamic company that promotes a strong work/life balance and that leads the industry in providing cutting edge solutions for the government and private sector, you’ve found the place. At New Light Technologies, Inc. (NLT), our team members possess an entrepreneurial spirit, are creative problem solvers and are committed to working hard to exceed client expectations. NLT offers competitive salaries, excellent health benefits and a network of like-minded team members that drive innovation. NLT is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information visit www.newlighttechnologies.com.