Organization: iWater, Inc.
Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Irvine, CA
NOTE: Do Not apply if you are not currently living in the Orange County area or are not able to travel to our Irvine Office on a daily basis.
iWater, Inc. is an established and growing Orange County company with an immediate need for an additional GIS Specialist to work at our Irvine office. This position requires a positive, friendly person who can work well with prospective and existing customers to provide training on software, identify needs, trouble-shoot, and assist in design and development of applications. Our GIS Specialists work closely with other members of our team and assist customers, business partners and co-workers with hardware and software set-up and trouble-shooting. Overnight travel is required. We need someone with excellent communication skills, a clear speaking voice, ability to work well with others, and “can-do” attitude.
• Provide high-quality support to clients to help solve technical problems quickly and effectively.
• Coordinate with other GIS specialists and developers on GIS projects.
• Assist or lead in the acquisition, conversion, and manipulation of GIS data.
• Effectively oversee and assist technical component of field crew’s projects.
• Develop and maintain end-user manuals, help systems, and product documentation.
• Debugging ArcGIS for server applications.
• Other duties and problem-resolution as required and apparent.
Qualifications & Job Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Engineering, GIS or a related field.
• 4+ years of relevant GIS experience.
• Thorough knowledge of GIS technology and fundamentals.
• Experience using ESRI’s ArcGIS software products.
• Experience working with ArcGIS for Server applications.
• Experience working with ArcGIS On Line.
• ArcSDE geodatabase administration.
• SQL Server and/or Oracle experience a plus.
• Experience working with municipal or private Water, Wastewater or Utility Companies is a plus.
• Able to commute daily to and work from our office in Irvine, CA.
• Ability to drive to clients’ locations to provide training and support.
• Able to travel overnight 0-3 times/month to provide customer training and support.
• Able to communicate information and instructions clearly - verbally and in writing.
• Strong organizational skills, positive attitude and ability to multi-task.
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, please email your resume to iWaterJobs@cox.net. We offer benefits including Health and Dental Ins, 401K & Vacation.