Organization: Bruce Harris & Associates, Inc.
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Batavia, IL
The GIS Analyst is responsible for the deployment, implementation and configuration of Esriís ArcGIS Platform as well as providing onsite and offsite GIS consulting and client training. The GIS Analyst will provide technical assistance on configuration and use of BHA and ESRI provided apps and templates, gather requirements for future projects and ideas for app development projects, encourage use of BHA product line and play an active role in implementation thereof.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The GIS Consultant takes on the following responsibilities:
- Complete specific projects using Esriís ArcGIS products. These projects include:
- GIS data creation
- GIS data conversion
- Geodatabase Design
- ArcGIS Online Implementation
- ArcGIS Online Configuration
- ArcGIS for Enterprise map services creation and/or maintenance
- Map production and cartography
- ArcGIS Enterprise (ArcSDE) Administration related tasks
- Geoprocessing using Python and/or Model Builder
- Completion of projects and tasks in a timely manner
- Provide Technical Support both internally and to clients
- Prepare Production projects for delivery
- Conduct QA/QC procedures to ensure accuracy
- Assist other departments if required. Training may be required.
- Be a technical expert of Esriís complete platform
- Define, demonstrate and deliver solutions which maximize clients GIS investment and ability to address critical business objectives.
- Provide training and guidance on best practices for configuration and utilization of ESRI software.
- Participate in training, mentoring and sharing of ideas among fellow GIS Analyst.
- Document all necessary data design and schema requirements, functional business requirements, and standardized workflow processes.
- Assist in business development, marketing, and representation of BHAís products and solution offerings.
- Present GIS technical demonstrations to various levels of staff at client locations as well as at conferences as required.
- Bachelor Degree in GIS, computer science or a related field.
- 5 years of professional experience in GIS or graduate degree with equivalent experience.
- Expertise in GIS especially Esriís ArcGIS software including Desktop, Server and ArcGIS Online.
- Experience working in a team-oriented collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability and experience in presenting GIS concepts to large groups of people
Must be able to provide 3 technical references, with contact information, who can verify your skills and proficiency. Candidates must be able to show previous professional experience related to the specific skills and qualifications listed above. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Travel will be required to existing/potential clients. Applicants must be able to provide own transportation. Applicant will be reimbursed for travel related expenses monthly.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
No Phone Calls Please