Organization: Baton Rouge Water Company
Title: GIS Technician
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Baton Rouge Water Company, an investor owned utility and a leader in the water utility industry, serving over 180,000 customers in Baton Rouge and the surrounding areas.
Minimum qualifications for the GIS Technician position:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field. Equivalent work experience & education will be considered;
• Principles and practices of GIS, GPS, and cartography;
• Basic understanding of Geometric Networks and The Relational Database model;
• Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail.
• Edit GPS Data within the ArcGIS Desktop environment;
• Analyze spatial and technical data, designs, and preliminary specifications;
• Digitize design drawings into a water distribution GIS data model;
• Communicate and coordinate with field personnel regarding water system installation and GPS data capture.
• Adjust and operate Trimble GPS surveying instruments.
Good benefit package. Pay commensurate with experience. Please send resume to: email@example.com.