Organization: Bay West LLC
Title: GIS Analyst II
Location: St. Paul, MN
A GIS team player who is interested in working with all aspects of an enterprise GIS architecture for a growing environmental investigation and remediation firm. Responsibilities include working with GPS and mobile data collection systems, managing enterprise GIS databases, authoring GIS web applications and providing spatial analysis capabilities. Day to day operations include the generation of custom GIS figures and maps, supporting client requests for data and analysis, training field staff and providing great customer service. Candidate must be intelligent, hardworking, responsible and able to quickly learn and implement new technologies.
Limited overnight travel to satellite offices and client locations may be required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Able to plan, design, implement and maintain large and complex GIS environments
• Proficient in all aspects of the ESRI GIS software platform including ArcMap, ArcPro, ESRI extensions, Server for ArcGIS, ArcOnline and Portal.
• Development and deployment of field GPS and data collection systems including Trimble hardware/software and ESRI mobile applications such as Collector for ArcGIS and Survey123.
• Experienced in authoring and maintaining GIS Web based applications.
• Capability to design, build and maintain relational file and ArcSDE SQL server geodatabases.
• Ability to Generate custom prediction and geostatistical models
• Train clients and coworkers on GIS web applications, GPS and mobile data collection and other aspects of GIS technology.
• Generate custom figures and maps for project support and reporting needs.
• Scripting skills with Python, JSON, Arcade and XML.
• Knowledge of AutoCad and additional CAD software packages.
• Other duties as assigned
Essential Education, Training, Knowledge & Experience:
• B.S. or B.A. degree in GIS, Environmental Science, or related field; or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience as a GIS analyst
• Knowledge of GIS as it pertains to environmental investigation and remediation
• Conscientiousness concerning the accuracy, appropriateness, and timeliness of results
• Capacity to troubleshoot and solve technical problems for office and field staff
• Strong professional, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of the technical aspects of Geography including coordinate systems, GPS systems, datums and data standards such as SDSFIE and FGDC metadata standards
• Flexible working style, self-initiative, self-motivation and a willingness to work with teams to meet clients' needs and project schedules
Essential Physical & Intellectual requirements:
• Outstanding customer service and communication (both written and verbal) skills
• Ability to be self-directed and work independently, as well as a team-player
• Detail-oriented and highly organized, ethical
• Possesses analytical problem-solving skills
• Strong time management skills
Bay West is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce.
Bay West is an EEO/AA Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer.