Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.
Title: Program Manager - International Geospatial
Location: Denver, CO
The Program Manager manages diverse domestic and international projects for a variety of clients of varying sizes. The primary responsibilities of the position are to provide leadership, direction, and oversight to Sanbornís ongoing programs and specific projects. The position is responsible for full project lifecycle management and troubleshooting operational issues and technical execution. This position plays a key role in business development, including pre-proposal contacts, proposal preparation and presentations, client maintenance and support for the firmís public relations. The Program Manager position supports the Business Development team by responding to new customer requirements and follows up on opportunities with existing customers. Responsibilities include planning, presentations, requirements development and analysis, proposal development, financial planning, contract review, subcontract coordination, budget and schedule management and control, coordination with operations, management reporting, and client coordination.
1. Implements and is responsible for the execution and oversight of customer service contracts.
2. Develops plans to meet time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project, technology to be used, specifications, and cost.
3. Works with clients to develop new business opportunities and develop customer requirements.
4. Reviews all technical scope and specifications and distributes to operations/subcontractors.
5. Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
6. Confers with project staff to outline work-plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority. Meets regularly to assess progress and develop corrective action when required. Coordinates work between office staff, Field Survey Personnel, and other required professionals, ensures accurate, thorough, correct work and continuous communication on all project stakeholders.
7. Prepare and execute quality control reviews, safety and quality assurance procedures.
8. Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
9. Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
10. Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
11. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
12. Coordinates project activities with all required interested parties.
13. Coordinates with customer on status, issues, and resolution.
14. Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently
15. Ability to relate to clients and people at all levels of the organization.
16. Must possess excellent communication, diplomacy and listening skills; specifically, be accessible and responsive to the needs of clients.
17. International travel required
18. Other duties as assigned.
This position may or may not have specific supervisory responsibilities, depending on business needs. However, this position does provide direction and feedback to subordinate employees as well as input into hiring, training and employee performance evaluations.
Bachelorís degree in a relevant field (Geomatics or Engineering); Master's degree preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to understand contracts, technical statements of work and perform each duty listed above satisfactorily. The experience listed below is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Five to ten years of project full life-cycle experience, including experience in proposal preparation, project management, program design, subcontract management, and project financial/schedule performance management.
2. Minimum five years of experience in Aerial Surveying or Mapping environment. Strong preference for experience in all phases of mapping/surveying project lifecycle management.
3. Certified Project Management Professional required.
4. Certified Photogrammetrist certification required.
5. Candidate must demonstrate prior international project experience in varied international locations.
Position is located in Denver, Colorado and in varied international locations as required.
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes domestic medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits, including international business travel accident and medical benefits.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com to apply for this position. Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.