Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.
Title: Geospatial Analyst-Programmer
Location: Vallejo, CA
The Sanborn Map Company is looking to fill a Geospatial Analyst / Programmer position.
Join Sanborn’s award-winning team! Sanborn is looking for a Geospatial Analyst / Programmer to provide technical and analytical support in developing and streamlining workflows to prepare and process spatially-explicit datasets for National Forest plan revisions. This requires programming in multiple languages including Python. This also requires advanced knowledge of the following software packages applications: ArcGIS 10, Access, and Excel.
The position is located in Vallejo, CA however; travel may occur to other Government locations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Ecology, Wildlife Biology, Soils, Geology, Hydrology, Geography or related degree.
• Five years of intensive and progressive experience requiring extensive use of GIS and related tools.
• Master’s degree in GIS is highly desired.
• Advanced programming in Python.
• Advanced knowledge of ArcGIS 10, MS Access and MS Excel.
• Proven experience developing and streamlining workflows.
• Experience processing both raster and vector data.
• Proficiency in GIS Analysis and Modeling using ArcGIS 10, Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst extensions.
• Experience developing presentations that communicate analytical processes and results.
• Experience presenting project/research results to a live audience, in person or online.
• Experience developing cartographic products using ArcGIS 10.
• Experience writing technical reports.
• Analytical techniques for modeling and assessing dynamic ecological communities.
• Work-related experience pertaining to natural resource management
• Knowledge and ability to work within the ArcGIS on-line environment.
• Coursework in natural resource management.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Python programming to compile datasets for plan revision.
• Automation, using python, of multi-scale (i.e. ecoregion subsection, forest and bioregional scale) analysis of bioclimatic, vegetation, wildlife and other natural resource data. In addition, multi-scale summarization of socio-economic data shall also be required.
• The development of raster surfaces and lists from supplemental data shall be required to produce inputs for modeling ecosystem dynamics, disturbance regimes and other vegetation analytics.
• Develop cartographic products and perform live on-screen presentations to show government personnel and the public how data sets were created, how to interpret the resultant outputs and present preliminary summary statistics.
• Oral and written communication with government staff regarding how datasets were generated or what underlying assumptions are implicit in hypothesis tests.
• If required, create a knowledge transfer plan to coordinate ongoing work with government employees or other designated parties. This includes identifying and documenting:
a) Project management processes
b) Points of contact
c) Location of technical and project management documentation
d) Status of ongoing technical initiatives
e) Key personnel
f) Identify pending actions required of the Government
g) Establish status meetings
CONTRACTOR PERSONNEL SECURITY AND SUITABILITY REQUIREMENTS
The following forms and inquiries, or their equivalent, will be used to initiate the credentialing process:
• OPM Standard Form 85 or 85P
• National Criminal History Check (NCHC)
• Release to Obtain Credit Information
• PIV card application
If selected to fill the position, a candidate would be required to pass a drug screen and satisfy the requirements of a National Criminal History Check (NCHC) to verify the identity of the individual applying for clearance and to determine the individual’s suitability for the position.
The position may require occasional travel.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current work visa.
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits.