Organization: Union Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Title: Geographical Information System Analyst
Location: Marysville, OH
A. Performs functions and activities necessary to maintain the cooperatives’ Geographic Information System (GIS) by timely and accurate updates of all information pertaining to the electric and gas distribution system.
B. Provides accurate and consistent customer and equipment display through a dynamic link between the Geographic Information System (GIS), Customer Information System (CIS), Windmill and Outage Management System (OMS).
C. Assists with the safe and efficient operation of electric and gas distribution facilities by providing timely and accurate electronic (NISC MapWise, AutoCAD and ArcGIS) and paper mapping updates.
D. Develops database queries and prepares specialized spreadsheets to provide technical support of various engineering studies and operation analysis.
E. Responsible for the system operating at an optimal level by managing the mapping databases and related equipment and troubleshooting issues thorough a working relationship with the application software vendor.
F. Serves as backup for the dispatcher to provide effective and efficient service in the absence of the dispatcher.
G. Actively participates in community and civic activities using every opportunity to promote support for the cooperative’s objectives, plan and programs.
H. Exercises professional and courteous conduct in all dealings with the member, consumers, and employees.
I. Maintains a safe and clean working environment by adhering to policies, procedures and government regulations.
J. Provides support during major outages by assisting in whatever manner necessary as prescribed in the Emergency Outage Plan.
K. Assists in achieving a greater degree of teamwork by performing all other duties as assigned.
Vocational/Technical school degree or two years of college level courses in Geographic Information Systems or a related field is required. Associates Degree in Geography or a related field from an accredited college or university is desired. A minimum of two years of GIS/ESRI experience or applicable certification may be substituted for some educational requirements.
Experience working with database, Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD is required. Previous utility experience in engineering or operations is desired.
Working knowledge of computer aided mapping (ArcGIS), AutoCAD, ArcGIS Server, and ArcSDE experience is required. Working knowledge of SQL and Access database management, is preferred. Familiarity with Oracle, Visual Basic, ArcGIS Online or other Web Map Development experience is helpful.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to interact effectively with employees, members and general public in variety of situations, exercising good judgment and maintaining a positive company image.
• Must be able to research and apply information from technical publications in the completion of duties.
• Must be able to interpret instruction manuals and possess knowledge of NESC and RUS construction standards in addition to Cooperative Terms & Conditions for Supplying Electric Service.
• Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the staking sheet module.
• Must be able to complete a variety of reports and maintain accurate records.
• Must be skilled in the use of a personal computer, plotter, printer and copy machine for the completion of duties.
• Must be able to organize and plan work projects.
• Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks.
Office environment with normal workday hours as determined by management. Occasional work outside of normal work hours may be required. Some travel by day and overnight for training may be required. Most activities are typically performed seated at a desk.
To Apply: https://ure.com/content/ure-news