Organization: Palmetto Engineering and Consulting, LLC
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Greenville, SC
OVERVIEW: Palmetto Engineering & Consulting, LLC, a professionally licensed engineering and consulting firm, specializing in industrial electrical and telecommunications disciplines, is currently seeking to hire a full-time GIS Analyst. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a growing company that enables professional development and personal achievement. The successful candidate must be highly motivated with a desire and aptitude for additional learning and be capable of working in a team environment, striving for quality.
LOCATION: Data Solutions Division in Piedmont, SC
QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Engineering or an associated field. A combination of education, training certifications and equivalent work experience will be considered.
• Proficiency in the use of ESRI GIS software, ArcGIS Desktop 10.x, ArcGIS Server 10.x.
• A minimum of one to two years of professional experience.
Qualifications beneficial, but not required:
• Working knowledge of CrescentLink® software and the Sabal Data Model.
• Knowledge of telecommunication network design and operation.
• Proficiency in Safe Software’s FME.
• Proficiency with annotation and dimension feature classes in ArcGIS geodatabases.
• Proficiency in ArcGIS Online.
• Proficiency with ArcGIS Collector (mobile app).
• Experience administering Microsoft SQL Server.
• Proficiency in ArcGIS Model Builder.
• Experience automating ArcGIS using Python and ArcPy.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
• Create, edit, integrate, verify, and manage geospatial data and attributes using GIS software.
• Perform data migrations from various sources to ArcGIS geodatabases.
• Assist in database design, advanced GIS analysis, and modeling.
• Advise clients on best practices for data management including workflows, tools, governance models, and integration patterns.
• Resolve customer support requests via phone, web conference, cloud portal, social media, or email.
• Assist with the maintenance of software documentation and procedures.
• Assist and support Project Managers in meeting project deliverable requirements and deadlines.
• Communicate task status, needs and issues to team members and managers.
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, organize, adjust to changing priorities, and work cooperatively in a team environment.
HOURS: M-F primarily 8:00 AM to 5 PM
COMPENSATION PACKAGE: Salary is dependent upon education, experience and credentials; Benefits package includes employer paid Employee Health, Short-term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance Plan; 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Supplemental Insurance also available.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please submit resumes by e-mail to Deborah.email@example.com or fax to 1-864-846-8122 or request employment application. EOE.