Organization: Land IQ
Title: Geospatial Programmer
Location: Sacramento, CA
Land IQ is seeking a Geospatial Programmer in its Sacramento, California office. Land IQ specializes in providing solutions to challenging environmental problems throughout the western United States. Our areas of expertise include soil science, water quality and supply evaluation, agricultural systems, ecosystem restoration, land cover analysis, salinity and nutrient management, statistics, remote sensing, geospatial analysis, and regulatory policy. Land IQ helps clients develop high value, scientifically sound, proactive solutions to their complex, large-scale, land-based challenges.
The successful Geospatial Programmer candidate will be responsible for working with our team comprised of remote sensing/geospatial experts in a range of environmental, agricultural and ecosystem disciplines.
Applicants must have strong fundamentals in developing high quality geospatial solutions including desktop and web applications. The Geospatial Developer will be expected to design custom applications to increase the functionality of standard software, automate GIS data functions, integrate databases, and create public/private web maps and data management applications. This position requires experience with the ESRI suite of software as well as the Python Oriented Open Source Ecosystem.
The applicant must also have excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and perform work on-time and within budget resources. General knowledge of the natural resource/earth science field is a plus.
- Develop unique solutions to address a wide range of complex environmental challenges.
- Utilize knowledge of hardware, software and application life cycles to deliver high quality products, tools and software enhancements in accordance with best practices
- Work in a team environment on a wide range of projects, supporting our team of scientists, remote sensing analysts, and other science-based disciplines.
- Be organized and methodical with communication and documentation capabilities
- Develop and refine existing applications, geospatial analysis protocols, and spatial and statistical modeling applications to help solve complex environmental and agricultural resource problems.
- Applicant must have the ability to make analysis protocols actionable through scripting and/or other programming capabilities.
Education: BS required, MS preferred in Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Geography or related field.
Years of Experience: 2 - 5
- ESRI suite of software, including ArcGIS Desktop and associated Extensions
- Developing for ArcGIS Server and Desktop, and associated programming languages and development tools
- Modify, write and maintain scripts, routines and menus and for programming GIS processes and applications
- Proficient in relational database environments including SQL Server, MS Access, PostgreSQL
- Managing ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal, and ArcGIS Online
- Experience managing and developing custom scripts for ArcGIS Server Administration
- Experience managing multiuser GIS systems, databases, and environments
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Spatial/statistical modeling and statistics knowledge
- Applied GIS experience within natural science/engineering fields
Positive/enthusiastic attitude; self-motivated; team player, strong organizational skills, advanced communication and writing skills; personable; ability and desire to learn; develop and evaluate new ideas and approaches; attention to detail; strong QA/QC experience; effectively prioritize tasks and plan work; seek new geospatial solutions, applications and opportunities.
Please send resume/cover letter to email@example.com. Also visit our website for more information at www.LandIQ.com.