Organization: Planet Forward (email@example.com)
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Charlotte, NC (4720 Piedmont Row Drive)
Location: 4720 Piedmont Row Drive, Charlotte, NC
Duration: 3 years
No per diem - local candidates strongly preferred
Candidates with GE Smallworld or FileNet experience/background are ideal. They will be working on GIS Records Projects specifically.
• Support the operation, maintenance and/or construction of the natural gas delivery system by coordinating, maintaining, reporting, and analyzing data from a number of data systems within their assigned area.
• GIS Analyst is expected to work independently, or as part of a team, under moderate-to-minimal supervision, and to develop and advance their skills.
• With some supervision, duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Lead activities related to GIS project support, business analysis, systems development lifecycle, training and/or change management, where necessary.
• Insure integrity of data contained within the assigned data systems by understanding and adhering to the rules and standard practices for data entry, and by identifying and helping to correct procedures, data inaccuracies or inconsistencies.
• Enter and maintain/edit data within the assigned data systems as needed using the normal system interface software.
• Provide ongoing support to your "customers", whether internal or external to the company, demonstrating a strong customer service attitude.
• Be readily available and responsive to requests.
• Deliver high quality results in a timely fashion, meeting or beating established deadlines and/or promised dates.
• Establish and maintain open two-way communications and effective working relationships with Managers, Supervisors, and individual contributors within the "customer" departments.
• Proactively understand and fulfill the needs of your "customers" and proactively communicate to keep them informed.
• Strive to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
• Analyze, resolve, and document problems associated with the data contained in the applicable databases
• Support the company's and department's goals and represent the company positively and professionally.
• Serve as a technical resource.
• Share information and transfer knowledge to others by providing informal advice and training.
• ESRI and/or GE Smallworld, Sharepoint, Access, Excel