Organization: Aegean Energy Group
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Austin, TX USA
Job Title: GIS Analyst
Aegean Energy Group provides a full suite of professional development and construction management services for energy generation projects, including title consulting, permitting, pre-construction site design, surveying, aerial / elevation / 3D imagery and construction management.
Aegean Energy Group (AEG) is seeking a technical GIS expert in the analysis and visualization of spatial and non-spatial information for the position of GIS Analyst. The position will support AEG’s development services and construction management teams developing wind and solar projects across North and South America.
The ideal GIS Analyst will have a minimum of 5 years of applied GIS industry experience and possess advanced skills in GIS analysis, spatial database management, desktop/online map generation, and web/mobile based application experience using a variety of data sources and software packages.
• Provide advanced GIS analysis and spatial database management.
• Generate and publish high quality maps for print and digital use.
• Provide input, direction and documentation of GIS solutions for workflows, data standards and data quality control.
• Work collaboratively with staff from across the company to assist end users with daily mapping and analysis as needed.
• Help provide GIS training across the organization.
• Support field staff in offices.
• Assist with integration and setup of mobile GIS applications.
• Build, publish and update Survey123 forms
• Build and maintain Operations and Insights dashboards
• Support construction crews in the field with the suite of AEG GIS services
Knowledge and Skills:
• ESRI Desktop and Spatial Analyst extension experience required.
• ESRI Portal/AGO and Server administration preferred.
• ESRI Modelbuilder and FME experience preferred.
• Survey123 experience and Collector experience preferred.
• Strong attention to details.
• Customer focused – ability to work well with others and handle changing tasks and priorities.
• Ability to self-direct work, learn new tasks, improve processes and document workflows.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to document work and share knowledge.
• Efficient and effective use of Microsoft Office applications required.
Position type and expected hours of work: This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours.
Travel: Overnight travel typically during the workweek may be required. No more than 15% per year.
• Associate’s degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of applied GIS industry experience.
Send an email with cover letter and resumes to:
AEG Technology / Info@AegeanEG.com