Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.
Title: Geospatial Analyst / Programmer II
Location: Vallejo, CA
The Sanborn Map Company is looking to fill a Geospatial Analyst / Programmer II position.
Join Sanborn’s award-winning team! Sanborn is looking for a Geospatial Analyst / Programmer to provide government regional onsite support to Natural Resource Management (NRM) Applications and GIS Programs. Responsibilities may include building and maintaining a GIS system and the maintenance of corporate-wide applications to disseminate geospatial, tabular, and other map products including Mobile GIS and Web GIS applications. This requires demonstrated skills of the following software: ESRI GIS products including ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE, ArcGIS Online (AGOL), Oracle, PL/SQL Developer and MS Access databases. This position will be onsite at a government agency located in Vallejo, CA however; secondary workplaces may occur at other locations. Travel may also be required for field trips to forests as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Ecology, Wildlife Biology, Soils, Geology, Hydrology, Geography or related degree.
• Five years of intensive and progressive experience requiring extensive use of GIS and related tools.
• Master’s degree in GIS is highly desired.
• Demonstrated experience in Esri GIS products including ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE, ArcGIS Online (AGOL), Oracle, PL/SQL Developer, and MS Access databases.
• Background in hydrology, botany, wildfire, geology, soils, vegetation, and infrastructure.
• Knowledge of NEPA processes within a Natural Resource agency.
• Familiarity with mobile technology and application development for mobile devices.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL TASKS
• Develop complex SQL queries in consultation with coordinators and users.
• Create scripts to identify data discrepancies in current application databases, then provide end users with discrepancy reports and correction direction.
• Perform landscape-level project analysis in support of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) using existing applications.
• Use MS Access to create and develop custom output reports from National Application data.
• Create final reports, PowerPoint presentations, and AGOL story maps.
• Manipulate legacy electronic tabular and spatial information provided by regional sources into current data formats and for migrating it into corporate databases.
• Work in concert with Mobile/Web GIS staff to ensure NRM standards and protocols are used.
• Develop business-specific User Guides to assist program managers, users, and other personnel in bulk data retrieval and display, and upload geospatial information from corporate databases by creating custom maps, scripts, and tools.
• Provide analysis of slope, volume, area, and hill-shade and various spatial modeling including surface modeling, demographic modeling, travel-time and cost analysis, dynamic segmentation, and route analysis.
• Communicate and maintain relationships with government personnel by being a technical expert and participating in meetings.
CONTRACTOR PERSONNEL SECURITY AND SUITABILITY REQUIREMENTS
The following forms and inquiries, or their equivalent, will be used to initiate the credentialing process:
• OPM Standard Form 85 or 85P
• National Criminal History Check (NCHC)
• Release to Obtain Credit Information
• PIV card application
If selected to fill the position, a candidate would be required to pass a drug screen and satisfy the requirements of a National Criminal History Check (NCHC) to verify the identity of the individual applying for clearance and to determine the individual’s suitability for the position.
The position may require occasional travel.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current work visa.
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com to apply for this position. Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.