Organization: Merrimack Valley Planning Commission
Title: Paid Internship – Field Technician
Location: Haverhill, Massachusetts
Merrimack Valley Planning Commission (MVPC) has an opening for 4 temporary paid interns. Interns will be assisting with field data collection activities using mobile GIS-based applications operating on iPads. The data collected will be used for a regional program to inventory and collect conditions of sidewalks as part of a Complete Streets and sidewalk management programs for communities in the Merrimack Valley.
Associates degree or working towards or having completed a Bachelor’s degree in geosciences, computer sciences, engineering or a related field. Experience using ESRI ArcGIS, ESRI Collector and Microsoft Office software suites is preferred.
Key competencies and capabilities include:
• Consistent work effort and dependability; attention to detail
• Ability to work independently (self-starter) as well as in a team environment
• Planning and organizational skills; commitment to deadlines and the client
Physical Requirements of the position:
• This position will involve working outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
• This position will require extended periods of standing and walking.
Access to vehicle needed.
The MVPC is an EEO/AA employer.
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to:
Merrimack Valley Planning Commission
160 Main Street
Haverhill, MA 01830
No telephone calls thank you.