Organization: Bartlett & West
Title: GIS Technician
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
This position will be working on-site with our client in Atlanta, GA on defined GIS projects. Project work will involve data creation from spatial and tabular sources, conversion, migration, and maintenance. Project work may involve the following cartographic and analytic skills: thematic map creation, preparation of GIS data, use of analytic geoprocessing tools, and extensions. GIS database interaction and associated support may be required.
This position will work on a client site, and is a long term temporary project commitment in our Rail Specialty Services group.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Data conversion, migration and map production in a layered environment.
- Understanding and following mapping standards.
- Preparation of GIS data, including analysis support.
- Creation of geographic maps using available datasets.
- Setup coordinate system information.
- Setup applicable attribute information.
- Draw, digitize map features from hard copy source material.
- Edit and create new feature classes within the map environment.
- Import and convert CAD features into GIS environment.
- Create and edit annotation and labelling.
- Development and support of geographic databases.
- Post real estate features to GIS in an ESRI/Oracle environment under the direct supervisor of client staff.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Basic map production skills or relevant coursework
- Analytical thinker
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency in MS Office and ArcGIS software
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility
- Ability to embrace new technology and processes
- Developed organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team successfully
- Possess unquestionable integrity, ethics, and the values appropriate to the company's culture; and actively models those values internally and externally
Associate's Degree or equivalent coursework from an accredited school in GIS, Geography or a related field required. A Bachelor's degree preferred.
0-3 years' experience working with GIS. Experience using ESRI or Bentley software products preferred. Familiarity with ArcGIS, specifically ArcMap. Experience in Geographic and Spatial methodologies preferred.
Must be able to travel in-state and out-of-state on occasion, which usually would consist of visiting the outlying locations, attending seminars or business meetings. Minimum travel is 0-10% of the time depending on projects.
Applicant must pass E-Verify, E-RailSafe, & FRA 219 screenings plus additional considerations as prescribed by client.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a listing of all functions and responsibilities that are required of this position. Employee owners are expected to take on additional responsibilities as requested.
Bartlett & West partners with businesses and communities to build smarter, stronger, more connected infrastructure. From railroad GIS to industrial parks and city planning, we provide innovative technology and engineering solutions to clients worldwide. With deep industry knowledge and a passion for creative problem solving, we engineer better tomorrows.
Bartlett & West is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply Here PI101830591