Title: GIS Software Developer
Location: MA, NH, VT, ME, NY, NC, CT
VHB has an immediate need for a Web GIS Developer to support our Applied Technologies Team. Individual could work out of any of our 25 offices, however our preference is for an individual that could work in one of our Northeastern/New England offices (https://www.vhb.com/Pages/offices.aspx).
The individual will be self-motivated, demonstrate a constant commitment to excellence and have experience in the design, development and testing of custom web applications. The successful candidate must be able to work in a dynamic team environment utilizing a wide range of technologies to meet business requirements of the clients we serve.
• Experienced in modern web development frameworks
o Web services
o Web Frameworks (e.g., JQuery, Bootstrap, Typescript, Angular, Dojo)
• Experience with web GIS platforms.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple concurrent development projects.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience developing web applications.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, GIS, Engineering or a directly related field.
• Candidates should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Other desired experience:
• Experience with Esri’s GIS Software Platform.
• Experience with server-side web development (e.g., .NET, MVC, web services).
• Mobile application development (AppStudio, Qt, .NET Runtime, Xamarin).
• Experience with relational/spatial databases
o Database modeling
o Data management
• Ability to write SQL queries and develop stored procedures and functions, and views in SQL Server/Oracle.
• Experience with Agile development practices and Scrum methodology.
• Working experience with development systems such as; Team Foundation Server (TFS), Jira.
• Exposure to emerging and disruptive technologies.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, designers and technologists who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud to have been doing this for 39 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Direct link to apply is here: https://vhb.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=755310&cust_sort1=-1&cust_sort2=-1&&jbsrc=1025