Organization: Pro-West & Associates
Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Walker or Crosslake, MN
Application Deadline: 2018-05-25
Pro-West & Associates (Pro-West) seeks a candidate who will serve as an integral member of the Pro-West team providing business development and outreach services to clients and prospective clients. The Business Development Manager will work with clients to leverage and expand Pro-West business development opportunities, carry out focused campaigns and promotional programs. Business development activities include researching and targeting new and existing markets, analyzing competitors, identifying cause-effect relationships between business development and financial outcomes, and understanding customer needs.
We are looking for an individual focused on GIS professional services for our clients, who can work independently and as part of the Pro-West team. Join us in helping our clients make a difference in the area of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and location technology.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits that include incentive plan, vacation, personal days, holidays, IRA, and health insurance. The position is located in our Walker or Crosslake office. Remote work will be considered for a qualified candidate within 200 miles of Walker.
Education: Bachelor degree in GIS, Information technology, Advertising, Communications, Multimedia, Mass Communication, Economics or related local government field.
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in a technology related position, or working with GIS clients as a project manager or GIS consultant, or in an Account Manager/Sales position.
• Outside sales for new business opportunities
• Understand client needs and identify the best technology solution
• Perform business development activities for Pro-West services; including responsibilities for one-to-one relationship building, presentations to groups, collaboration with subject matter experts for outreach to clients and prospective clients, and meeting with customers for focused campaigns
• Position and promote services to prospective and existing clients
• Liaison between technical and non-technical users, technical teams and technical departments
• Provide input as needed to the Marketing Coordinator for brochure content, web pages, business case studies, press releases, seminars, demos, sales tool kits, and other marketing collateral
• Maintain high visibility and accessibility for staff
• Represent Pro-West at industry conferences and related meetings
1. Excellent written and verbal skills
2. Understanding and ability to inform clients about GIS technology and Pro-West’s location strategies
3. Capability to understand and convey technical information in a non-technical manner
4. Ability to develop collaborative relationships
5. Strong sales and account management skills
6. Ability to build strategies for new business development opportunities and strategic partnerships
7. Effective organizational and leadership skills
8. Self-motivated, detail- and task-oriented, able to successfully manage multiple priorities and work well in a cross-functional team environment
9. Positive attitude is critical
10. Travel required
11. Experience with government focused business development is preferred.
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Send resume and cover letter to:
Pro-West & Associates, Inc.
Attn: Pro-West Human Resources
PO Box 812
Walker, MN 56484
About Pro-West & Associates
Pro-West & Associates, Inc (www.prowestgis.com) is a GIS (geographic information systems) consulting firm located in Walker, MN and Crosslake, MN. Pro-West has been providing highly specialized GIS consulting, programming, and data management services to regional and national clients since its founding in 1987. Pro-West is one of the Upper Midwest’s longest-established private firms devoted entirely to assisting public and private entities with the integration of location technology.