Organization: Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc.
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Northern Virginia
JOB DESCRIPTION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Experience: 2-4 Years
- Education: Bachelor Degree
- Degree Field: Cartography, Computer Science, Geography, Geographic Information Systems
- A combination of training, certifications, and relevant work experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
- Clearance: Secret
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
- Travel: CONUS & OCONUS 25%
- Location: Northern VA
Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc., a DoD mission assurance and risk mitigation Government contractor, is seeking a GIS Analyst in the Northern VA area. Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC. This position participates in the annual bonus program.
The GIS Analyst will support multiple products by producing visualizations of risk and threats over spatial locations. The responsibilities include supporting critical infrastructure, information technology infrastructure, energy security, mission analysis, as well as all hazard threat assessments. The GIS Analyst is a team player who conducts site surveys, reviews project specifications, interprets technical data from a variety of technical fields, and prepares reports and visuals of their observations. These activities support the enhancement of security and functions of the infrastructure of our customers and ensures their ability to respond, collaborate, and share information to successfully complete their missions.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and interpret technical infrastructure information to produce cartographic imagery of utility operations.
- Follow GIS procedures, standards, and utilize required tools to ensure product quality, consistency, and compatibility.
- Provide research, editing, review, and drafting support for written products and deliverables.
- Develop technical collection methods for data utilized in spatial visualization
- Provide consultation to leadership on the strengths and weaknesses of GIS for utilization in different areas.
- Perform data entry and information consolidation in collaboration with mission analysts.
- Provide technical input to proposals, articles, brochures, reports, and manuals.
- Experience using PostGIS, Oracle Spatial, or MSSQL Spatial RDBMS
- Experience with ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS Online
- Experience or familiarity with QGIS, or willingness to learn and adapt from an ArcGIS background
- Knowledge of ModelBuilder and Python for ArcGIS
- Ability to develop maps and visual products through conversation with a client
- Strong abilities in data management, manipulation, conversion, and integration
- Strong cartography and data visualization skills
- Basic knowledge of the functions of infrastructure: Telecommunications (IT, telephone, satellite, radio), electricity transmission and distribution, natural gas distribution, water infrastructure (drinking water, storm water drainage, sewage collection and disposal), transportation networks, emergency response, and physical security assets
- GIS Professional (GISP)
- Information Technology
- Project Management
Visit: RMC Careers Current Openings - GIS Analyst
RMC is a mission assurance, cybersecurity, technology operations and risk mitigation small business. We are leaders in the field of cybersecurity of industrial controls systems across DoD organizations. If you join our team, you will be able to apply your Cybersecurity skills and experience in the field of automation and control systems to support various control system projects applicable to building control systems, utility control systems, and critical infrastructure sectors.
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U.S. Citizen, possess valid State driverís license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.