Organization: Redhorse Corporation
Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Edwards AFB, CA
Redhorse Corporation is looking for a GIS Specialist who will work in the Mojave Desert areas on and surrounding Edwards AFB, CA to perform GIS services for the natural and cultural resources management programs per Edwards AFB GIS data standards.
The GIS Specialist will work on-site at the customer's facility at Edwards AFB, CA to perform GIS services for the natural and cultural resources management programs per Edwards AFB GIS data standards. The GIS data will include all electronic survey data either in Esri Shapefile format, Esri File Geodatabase, or in an Esri personal geodatabase.
Primary duties will focus on natural and cultural resources geospatial deliverables utilizing existing data and newly acquired Global Positioning System (GPS) field survey operations data at locations associated with natural and cultural resources survey activities.
Work will include the development of table structure, attributes and domains for the natural and cultural resources data as necessary utilizing existing Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) definitions of features and predefined attribute table structures or metadata.
The GIS specialist may assist the natural and cultural resources management programs by providing comparisons of newly collected hyperspectral data with previously collected hyperspectral imagery data for the purposes of identifying ecosystem change.
Minimum Basic Requirements for Experience, Skills, Education and Credential include:
• Bachelor of Science (BS) in geography, ecology, GIS, or a related field
• 3 years of related experience working in the GIS field and applying GIS technology to natural and cultural resources planning projects
• Must have DoD experience
• Must possess or be able to obtain a valid active state-issued Driver's License; candidate will be required to operate a government-owned motor vehicle safely
• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation, which will include a check of state motor vehicle records
Additional Preferred Requirement for Experience, Skills, Education and Credential include:
• Hands-on knowledge and experience in the operation of ESRI GIS software, ArcCatalog, Spatial Analyst, and with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and Access
• Ability to design and create accurate geodatabases and models and well-designed maps that effectively communicate natural and cultural resources project information
• Performing quality assurance of control of GIS data. Provide technical guidance and assistance to staff and other client personnel as required
• Communicate with the natural and cultural resources management teams in order to coordinate and administer the use of GIS projects and data
• Create, refine and analyze GIS data for use in natural and cultural resources management projects
• Ability to work on multiple projects while managing schedule; ability to multitask, set priorities, and manage workload effectively
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail, technical troubleshooting, creative problem solving, and resourcefulness a must
• Ability to learn new things quickly and work in a team environment
• Upon hiring the applicant must be able to pass a federal background
Interested candidates should apply directly to https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=191268
Redhorse Corporation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employe