Organization: City of Fort Smith
Title: GIS Manager
Location: Fort Smith, AR USA
Application Deadline: 2018-07-21
Under the guidance of the Deputy Director of Engineering and Engineering Technology, in cooperation with the ITS Department staff and the Utility department Management Information System staff, this position is responsible for the effective management of the Utility department 's Geographic Information System (GIS) resources and processes. This includes analyzing and managing data, implementing and maintaining standard procedures, training and managing staff, keeping abreast of advances in GIS technology, providing subject matter guidance in developing long-term and short- term goals, strategic objectives and initiatives in coordination with the Utility department comprehensive strategic management plan.
All City of Fort Smith positions require the employee to provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees, and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive. Must show cooperation and respect to fellow employees and supervisors at all times.
• Manage and direct the utility department GIS group, including managing the system and establishing, communicating and maintaining standard operating procedures.
• Work with utility department staff and other city departments to set priorities, assign and monitor Utility department GIS work, maintain records and documentation, prepare reports, maintain work safety, and effectively perform GIS functions to achieve goals and objectives related to regulatory agencies and the Consent Decree.
• Provide program direction, priorities, goals, objectives, budgets, and initiatives pertaining to the management and maintenance of GIS to fulfill the mission of the Utility department
• Research GIS records to assist in developing and administering asset management plans, capital budgets, operating budgets, policies, procedures, and performance indicators.
• Ensure high quality data and provide research, analysis, reports and maps to assist with regulatory requirements, emergency management, presentations and decision making.
• Serve as subject matter expert, keeping abreast of advances in GIS technology, developing and recommending changes as needed.
• Provide GIS related guidance and assistance to project teams.
• Develop GIS protocols/standards within the Utility department.
• Ensure the timely implementation of GIS related projects.
• Provide training for GIS employees within the program.
• Participate in classes and/or attend conferences that are deemed necessary by the Deputy Director of Engineering and/or Utility Director.
• Follow City and Utility department safety practices and guidelines at all times, including wearing proper personal protective/safety equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
For a full job description and to apply, please go to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fortsmithar
For questions, please contact Lindsey Kaelin at email@example.com