Organization: Western Connecticut Council of Governments
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
The Western Connecticut Council of Governments (WestCOG) seeks a qualified person to serve as a GIS/Data Analyst. The employee will be stationed in WestCOGís office in Sandy Hook.
Job responsibilities may evolve over time but initially are expected to include:
* Support of regional programs,
* Development and execution of local and regional studies,
* Technical assistance to regional and local staff, and
* Other tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of and experience with:
* Environmental, transportation, and community planning
* Industry standard (e.g., ArcGIS) and open-source GIS
* Data collection and analysis (spatial and aspatial data and methods)
* Database development, integration, and use
* Applications of GIS
* Computer simulation (Python and R preferred)
* Local and regional government and with the private sector
* Familiarity with contemporary issues and local government in Connecticut
S/he should have a Bachelorís degree in (Masterís preferred) from an accredited university in one of the following or a relevant field:
* Computer science
* Information systems
* Transportation engineering
* Operations management
In addition to at least one year of relevant experience
The ideal candidate will have a high level of proficiency in:
* Spoken and written English
* Mathematics and statistics
* Information technology and information systems
The ideal candidate will be quick on his or her feet, be an innovative and creative thinker, and be highly motivated, affable, and reliable.
To be considered, applicants must have a driverís license, access to reliable transportation, and be legally able to work in the United States.
Title and pay (starting salary of $50K-$55K) will depend on
qualifications. Benefits are available. This position will remain open until filled or closed.
Before applying, please verify that the position is still open by visiting http://westcog.org/employment-opportunities/.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Mr. Francis R. Pickering, Executive Director at email@example.com. Selected candidates may be asked to provide additional information or to appear for a personal interview.
WestCOG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.