Organization: Palm Beach County School District
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
1. Bachelorís degree in demography, urban and regional planning, geography, statistics, or related field.
2. Successful experience in computer applications for demographic analyses, forecasting, research and graphics.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of methods and procedures relating to student membership projections.
4. Demonstrated ability to analyze and apply demographic information and prepare population forecasts.
5. Knowledge of strategic planning and community planning, including evidence of the ability to analyze demographic trends to support educational programs.
6. Experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Preferred.
7. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the public and other governmental entities.
8. Demonstrated ability to present complex demographic information to a variety of audiences.
1. Collects, analyzes, and uses demographic data to project school enrollments to enable preparation of facility planning, the five-year capital plan, and annual district budgets.
2. Coordinates with special program staff, including Choice Programs, ESE, Multi-Cultural Education, and pre-kindergarten, to develop enrollment forecasts and support development of facility plans to house these educational programs.
3. Prepares, maintains, and provides adequate documents, reports, and other materials related to school membership, student populations, student concentration trends and school facility capacity.
4. Coordinates with Palm Beach County and other governmental agencies to develop information on master plans, land use, economic trends, housing market and demographic trends, including births, migration, and aging of the population.
5. Prepares and maintains source documentation related to proposed housing developments and their impact on District facility needs.
6. Analyzes annual relocatable allocation needs for schools and programs.
7. Follows adopted policies and procedures in accordance with School Board priorities.
8. Conducts oneself in the best interest of students, in accordance with the highest traditions of public education and in support of the Districtís Mission Statement.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Recruitment & Retention
3300 Forest Hill Blvd, Suite B102
West Palm Beach, FL 33406
Phone: (561) 434-8000