Title: Field Technician
Location: Vacaville, CA
Application Deadline: 2018-08-30
UDC is a growing and respected technology consultant and field inventory company serving the electric and gas utility industry. We have a friendly, committed and professional team who support each other and are passionate about what we do, leveraging our experience to help our clients build the future of their businesses.
We are seeking detail oriented and responsible individuals looking for an opportunity to grow and have excellent earning potential to perform field data collection starting July 9th.
About the Position
Our GIS Field Technicians collect electric facility and equipment data in the field using a hand-held computer and laser measuring device. Technicians work independently and outdoors and are provided a company vehicle to perform their work. As safety is a primary concern for UDC, we do require our Field personnel to have, and maintain, a good driving record and be safety conscience. Proficient computer skills are essential and some familiarity with electric utility equipment including transformers, poles and related distribution connections is helpful. In this mobile position, extensive travel throughout Northern California is required. UDC GIS Field Technicians are full-time (40 hours a week), non-exempt and receive a competitive company benefits package.
What We Look for from You
• Attention to detail, ability to work independently and outdoors
• Ability to follow specification documents and understand scope of the project
• Ability to travel extensively throughout Northern California
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Understanding of GIS preferred
• Electric Utility knowledge/experience a plus
• Experience with Esri software products a plus
• Associate or College Degree preferred
UDC GIS Field Techncians are required to pass criminal and motor vehicle background checks prior to starting with our company.
What We Offer - UDC Benefits at a glance
• Comprehensive Project Training
• Medical / Dental / Vision
• Long Term Disability (Employer Paid)
• Basic Term Life and AD&D (Employer Paid)
• Voluntary Term Life and AD&D
• Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance
• 401K & Employer Match
Join the UDC Field Team
Interested in joining our growing team? Please send your resume with the subject line of Field Technician-Northern California.