Organization: VETRO FiberMap
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Portland, ME USA
NBT Solutions is looking for an experienced GIS Analyst to step into a leadership role managing a growing workload of geodata conversion projects.
This position's duties include:
- Serving as technical staff on geospatial data research, compilation, standardization, development, and conversion projects;
- Implementing QA procedures;
- Designing and implementing Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) workflows;
- Database schema design and data normalization to support data maintenance and application requirements;
- Editing geospatial data sets in PostgreSQL/PostGIS using Desktop GIS tools;
- Contributing to our application development team by preparing data and map services for web mapping applications;
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of professional experience and at least a Bachelors degree in Geography/GIS or related or equivalent work experience.
Desired skills and experience:
- Utilities data management, especially telecommunications
- Use of mobile data collection tools/platforms
- ETL using FME or similar
- Proven ability to lead and be a team player in a small company environment
- Database skills including relational schema design and SQL fluency
- Desktop GIS tool mastery; QGIS, MapInfo Pro, or ArcGIS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for crossover experience in:
- Web development, especially with open source geospatial tools
- Server administration and devops, especially Amazon EC2
- GIS Training or customer facing role
Who We Are
Located in the heart of downtown Portland, Maine, NBT Solutions is a rapidly growing software development company building a fiber network mapping and management platform called VETRO FiberMap™. Our team is nimble, bright, and dedicated, and recognizes that work/life balance is as much a driver of success as setting goals, working hard and focusing on a unified vision. We offer the dynamic environment of a true startup with the stability of an established firm; our standard benefits package includes the necessities – competitive salaries, health, dental, and generous paid time off – as well as 401k employer match, disability, employee equity, professional development and educational stipends, and a never-ending supply of freshly roasted coffee from Coffee By Design (our city’s best) as well as other amenities.
To apply for this position, email firstname.lastname@example.org; please include a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
Find out more about VETRO FiberMap at www.vetrofibermap.com