Organization: Wonderful Citrus
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Delano, CA, USA
The Role: Under direction from the GIS Director, the GIS Analyst will be responsible for operation of the Geographic Information System running the ArcGIS software suite and related applications.
Here's what you’ll do:
Responsibilities will include the mapping of almost 100,000 acres of citrus and related assets and the maintenance of the data. Other responsibilities are as follows: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The development and maintenance of geospatial data.
Map creation, development and publishing on hard copy, web, and mobile platforms.
Collecting, maintaining, and mapping spatial data relevant to Wonderful Citrus properties; including legal property boundaries, ranch infrastructure, hydrologic systems, soils, environmental impact, and individual tree coverage.
Performing GIS analysis and generating reports relative to current, historic, and proposed farming practices, land development, administrative organization, supply chain and resource planning.
Provide technical assistance in areas involving land title and related issues.
Communicating and interacting with GIS practitioners at other Wonderful companies, public agencies, and private companies.
Regular travel to company sites which may include California Farming offices, Texas offices, Mexico Offices.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table: To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The successful candidate will have:
Education and/or Experience:
• BA/BS in GIS, Computer Science, Agriculture, Geography, or related field. A GIS certificate from an accredited program may be paired with an unrelated BA/BS degree or AA degree to meet educational qualifications.
• Relevant work experience may be substituted for formal education on a year for year basis.
• Two (2) years of related work experience. If experience is used as a substitute for formal education, this requirement is in addition to that experience.
• Proficiency with ArcGIS Desktop (ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap) and ArcGIS Online. (Required) • Working experience ArcGIS Enterprise (Server), or Open Source web GIS. (Preferred)
• An understanding of database systems (Oracle, SQL Server) (Preferred)
• Familiarity with agriculture and agribusiness practices. (Desirable)
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with all areas within the company.
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small groups.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Ability to handle effectively and efficiently, multiple, simultaneous, tasks and projects.
Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus. Our citrus varieties can be found in the produce department of grocery stores across the country under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
To learn more about Wonderful Citrus Company, visit www.wonderfulcitrus.com.