Organization: City of Wylie
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Wylie, TX USA
FULL TIME - GIS Analyst
Department: Development Services
$46,342.40 - $56,763.20 Annually
Provides GIS application design, development and analysis using ESRI product and other tools; develops spatial models and maps related to project data. Maps are to be used in publications, websites, meetings and exhibits presented to various project stakeholders. Must have effective planning/organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities.
Supervision is provided by the Development Services Director.
Essential Job Functions
• Interacts directly with external and internal sources for data capture and research. Confirms accuracy of all data received, updating or notifying the responsible party when updates are necessary.
• Performs basic database analysis and maintenance involving daily GIS applications.
• Creates maps, spreadsheets, graphs, and other analytical products in response to requests from staff, consultants, and the public.
• Develops, tests and implements quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) processes to ensure GIS data accuracy and integrity. Interprets as-built drawings, CIP construction plans, engineering plans, recorded maps, deeds, and related source documents and incorporates them into GIS.
• Ability to interpret zoning, subdivision and other development codes.
• Researches, analyzes and prepares reports and studies for the Planning and Zoning Commission, Board of Adjustment and City Council as requested.
• Maintains files and information databases and retrieves required technical information.
• Performs as a responsible steward of the public trust and strives for excellence in public service, enhancing the quality of life for all.
• Acts in a civil, respectful manner at all times to management, co-workers and others.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Four years of college resulting in a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. Working experience managing various levels of GIS tasks for environmental projects and the GIS community. This position requires the completion of National Incident Management System (NIMS) training courses 100 and 700 upon hiring or within six months of employment/transfer/promotion.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
PHYSICAL STRENGTH REQUIRED:
Moderate: Exerting 20-50 pounds occasionally, 10-25 pounds frequently, or up to 10 pounds constantly.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED:
Bending Carrying Crouching Crawling
Fine Dexterity Handling Hearing Kneeling
Lifting Pushing/Pulling Reaching Sitting
Standing Talking Vision Walking
PRIMARY WORK ENVIRONMENT: Indoors
SHIFT WORK: No
If you would like to apply for this position, please follow the link to our online application: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/wylietexas.