Organization: Native American Industrial Solutions, LLC (NAIS)
Title: GIS Technician
Location: West Point, NY 10996
FULL TIME GIS Technician to support the United States Military Academy (USMA) at West Point, NY.
Scope of Work:
Provide continued support to the US Army Garrison United States Military Academy, West Point Installation and its organizations, in the creation, maintenance, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of data using a Geographic Information System (GIS). This includes the development, maintenance and support of consistent, accurate, and easily accessible GIS data layers using ESRI and GIS software; Microsoft Access; AutoCAD and Revit software; ERDAS and MrSID image software; and other commercially available products. Additional support includes GIS program and project support, GIS data and maintenance, spatial data standards compliance, mapping and analysis support, GPS field-data collection, geo-database modeling, custom graphics support, posting GIS data to Army Mapper and the continued support of the Army website, GIS training, large format printing and plotting support, building floor plans (CAD/Revit) maintenance, 3D terrain surface model development, Environmental Compliance and Implementation, Cemetery support, and the presentation of data in the form of maps, documents, and graphics.
- Develop, maintain and update Geographic Information System (GIS) databases.
- Obtain data from city, state, federal and private sources.
- Receive and review maps, land parcel records and engineering documents.
- Identify pertinent GIS information and convert data into proper GIS formats.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of data; enter data into database and update essential GIS layers and databases.
- Create a variety of maps and GIS related documents.
- Provide expertise in GIS hardware and software products.
- Provide technical support to GIS users.
- At least 5 years of the above GIS Technician experience.
- Bachelorís degree in Geographic Information Systems from an accredited university or 10 years experience with a Bachelorís degree in Geography from an accredited university.
- Personnel must currently possess, or attain upon being hired, a Secret Security clearance and must maintain the level of security required for the duration of employment.
Interested candidates, please contact Josh Carlisle at email@example.com.