Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.
Title: Aquatic GIS Data Technician intermediate
Location: Denver, CO
The Sanborn Map Company is looking to fill an Aquatic GIS Data Technician Intermediate position.
Join Sanborn’s award-winning team! Sanborn is looking for an Intermediate Aquatic GIS Data Technician to be responsible for supporting a federal aquatic monitoring program. The Technician will support field operations by curating data, database management and writing reports and technical workflows and manuals among other duties and tasks as listed below. This position is located in Denver, CO.
Travel of 3 trips per year is anticipated.
•Bachelor’s degree in a natural resources field such as, but not limited to, ecology, natural resources management, wildlife biology, botany, forestry, fisheries, soils, etc. from an accredited university.
•Two (2) years of directly related intensive and progressive experience
• A Master’s Degree or PhD in Natural Resources, Natural Sciences, Landscape Architecture or related field is preferred.
•Experience of more than 2 years with ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop software. Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating at least 1 year experience using ArcGIS Desktop 10.4 or higher.
• Knowledge of monitoring data management both in the field and in the office.
• Ability to manage complex projects, including project management skills, skills in sequencing tasks, skill in organizing and facilitating manager and technical work groups.
• Ability to communicate technical information effectively to lay persons and resource specialists alike.
• Experience in developing written technical documentation (such as reports, training materials, white papers, etc.)
• Experience working with chemical, physical or biological data to inform Clean Water Act attainment.
• Preference will be shown to candidates who can demonstrate experience programming in R and/or Python.
• Preference will be show to candidates who have experience collecting and managing aquatic AIM data or similar data.
•Processes and maintains photos, sample design implementation data, and field data for the Branch of Assessment and Monitoring.
• Supports implementation of sampling designs for AIM monitoring.
• Organizes data and performs data management with database software, GIS (geographic information systems), and statistical software.
• Creates supplemental materials such as maps, reports, diagrams, charts, etc.
• Assists the other staff or partners within AIM by preparing and cleaning data products.
• Attends regular meetings to review work progress and schedule as well as meetings which pertain to the supported program/projects listed above (i.e., AIM, etc.)
• Provide technical assistance to end users accessing and using data and geospatial tools, including one-on-one discussions, trainings, tutorials and webinars.
• Updates and modifies AIM website.
• Effectively communicate complex technical problems and solutions to non-technical partners and user base.
• Documents processes and workflows including metadata.
• Helps enforce national naming convention of ArcGIS Server GIS Services, filename, and folder.
• Submits weekly report which summarizes finished and ongoing tasks.
• Supports AIM team by assisting with Terrestrial AIM data.
• Assists with the use of chemical, physical and biological monitoring data of streams and rivers to inform Clean Water Act and BLM policy attainment.
• Provides additional data support functions.
•Three (3) trips per year - each trip is anticipated to last a duration of 4 days/3 nights.
CONTRACTOR PERSONNEL SECURITY AND SUITABILITY REQUIREMENTS
The following forms and inquiries, or their equivalent, will be used to initiate the credentialing process:
•OPM Standard Form 85 or 85P
•National Criminal History Check (NCHC)
•Release to Obtain Credit Information
•PIV card application
If selected to fill the position, a candidate would be required to pass a drug screen and satisfy the requirements of a National Criminal History Check (NCHC) to verify the identity of the individual applying for clearance and to determine the individual’s suitability for the position.
The position may require occasional travel.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current work visa.
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com to apply for this position. Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.