Organization: City of Geneva
Title: GIS Technician
Location: Geneva, IL
Application Deadline: 2018-08-22
Under general supervision, the GIS Technician will create, update, and maintain City maps and their associated GIS data and CAD documents. The GIS Technician will be responsible for utility and landbase data entry using existing digital and hard copy records, drawings, and GPS collection.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Geography, Geology or Environmental Science, or a related field; or,
Certificate in Geographic Information Systems from an accredited college or university; and,
Any combination of education, training, or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Additional Desired Skills:
• Working knowledge of ESRI ArcMap and Microsoft Office products
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail and the ability to balance, prioritize, and complete projects accurately and on time
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, city officials, other government agencies, and the general public
• Desire to continue professional development by attending seminars, training programs, or reading professional literature
Starting salary of $56,118
Applications are available at www.geneva.il.us/jobs
Please contact Human Resources at 630-232-0867 or via e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.