Organization: Bruce Harris & Associates Inc
Title: GIS Data Technician
Location: Batavia, IL
Bruce Harris & Associates, Inc., a GIS Technology company, is seeking applicants for a GIS Technician. We are a professional GIS and mapping company providing clients throughout the United States with Geographic Information Systems (GIS), cadastral mapping, custom software solutions, ArcGIS Desktop and Server solutions, and GIS website development. Our firm provides GIS solutions for both government agencies and the private sector organizations.
This position will be based out of corporate headquarters in Batavia, Illinois. The Data Technician is responsible for cadastral/parcel map creation and/or maintenance. Maps are constructed or maintained using data sources such as subdivision as well as other plats, surveys, surveyor notes, deeds, aerial photography interpretation and other client sources instructions and/or databases. All data sources are used to create an accurate cadastral GIS.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Complete specific projects using Esri’s ArcGIS products, including:
- GIS data creation
- GIS data conversion
- ArcGIS for Server map services creation and/or maintenance
- Map production and cartography
- ArcGIS for Server (ArcSDE) Administration related tasks
- Completion of projects and tasks in a timely manner
- Conduct QA/QC procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Assist other departments if required. Training may be required.
- Process documentation and mapping parcels, creation of divisions of land and/or combinations of land including but not limited to the following documentation:
- Division by Request
- Court Order of Judgments
- All other Client requests
- Research resources such as survey maps and legal descriptions in order to verify property lines and to obtain information needed to ensure an accurate cadastral and GIS database(s) as provided and as necessary
- Utilize aerial photography to ensure proper parcel and/or polygons layout through aerial occupation or legal description reference points updating boundaries, water locations and topographic features as necessary
- Redraw and correct parcel and/or polygon layouts to reflect provided, current and most accurate documentation as necessary
- Compile accurate abbreviated tax legal descriptions as necessary
- Compile Map Change Forms as necessary
- Identify, research and resolve anomalies in legal land descriptions, referring issues to manager/supervisor and/or client as appropriate and as necessary
- Compiling cadastral and GIS data utilizing “Mapping Standards and Practices”
- Expertise with mapping and drafting techniques
- Experience with reading and drawing maps from legal descriptions
- Experience with GIS, AutoCAD, computer science or a related field
- Experience with ArcGIS for Desktop
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
Candidates must be able to show previous professional experience related to the specific skills and qualifications listed above. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Compensation is salary based on experience and skills.
No phone calls please
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location:Batavia, IL 60510
- GIS: 1 year
- Arcgis: 1 year
- Geography: 1 year
- Computer Science: 1 year