Organization: RedCastle Resources, Inc.
Title: Remote Sensing Statistical Analyst and Programmer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT USA
Company Background: RedCastle Resources is a small, employee-friendly company that provides geospatial and information technology support to natural resource management agencies throughout the country and around the world. We specialize in the analysis of remote sensing, ecological, and other geospatial data, with an emphasis on communicating with natural resource managers and other subject matter experts. The majority of our staff provide support through contracts with the USDA Forest Service, assisting National Forests, Regional and Washington Offices, USFS Research, International Programs, and partner federal agencies to use advanced geospatial data and technology for improved mapping, inventorying, and monitoring of natural resources.
Position Description and Key Responsibilities: We are seeking a statistical analyst with experience studying geospatial data, particularly raster data. This individual will apply statistical and geospatial analysis, scientific programming skills, and image processing techniques to inform natural resource management. The successful candidate will work both individually and on project teams and use US Forest Service enterprise software applications, geospatial cloud computing services, and other geospatial and statistical analysis software packages to facilitate data processing, analysis, information extraction, and more efficient product generation. Qualified candidates will:
● Have an understanding of mapping terminology and image analysis techniques;
● Demonstrate experience with mapping software;
● Be familiar with vegetation types and land cover classification systems;
● Be a good written and verbal communicator;
● Have a demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively adapt to changing client priorities;
● Be organized and have a high attention to detail.
● Have a personal and professional interest in natural resource management and the application of geospatial technologies to resource management problems.
Education and Experience Requirements: This position requires a BS degree with three or more years relevant experience or a MS/PhD with one or more years’ of relevant experience. The following skills will be an advantage during the selection process.
● Expertise in geospatial and image processing software, such as ESRI, QGIS, ERDAS, and Google Earth Engine;
● Experience with processing, registration, and analysis of remote sensing data;
● Experience working with databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL);
● Coursework in higher-level math, programming, statistics, ecology/environmental science, and remote sensing;
● Experience in machine learning, data science, and/or other scientific data analysis techniques;
● Experience making contributions to research publications;
● General programming including experience with shell scripting and version control, such as Git;
● Utilizes industry standard communication and visualization tools to communicate complex quantitative information and analysis to senior executives and non-technical audiences.
Compensation and Application Instructions: This is a full time position. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Full time employees are eligible for a benefits package that includes health insurance, HSA, dental and vision plans, flex spending account, company matching 401K, profit sharing, disability insurance, and paid vacation and holidays. If you are interested in applying, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Phone calls and emails are welcomed for additional information. Application review will start immediately and continue until successful candidate is found.
For additional information, please call (801) 322-5100.
RedCastle Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer