Organization: EnerVest, Ltd.
Title: Senior GIS Analyst
Location: Houston, TX USA
As a senior GIS Analyst embedded within Geoscience Technology, you will be working with a small team of people using a modern web GIS platform for data analysis while supporting asset teams company-wide on a broad scope of projects. The primary role of this position includes assisting users in solving data and workflow problems within ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise, serving as the go-to person for instructor-led training sessions on spatial analysis tools, and building web apps and data workflows to solve problems.
An ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate professional knowledge in applying geospatial technologies to address petroleum business requirements, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be self-motivated to learn new technologies that help solve data issues.
This position will include exposure to many aspects of the business including land, engineering, geoscience, and drilling. Occasional field work may be required to assist in deploying mobile apps to employees in the field offices.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Several years of progressive technical experience in GIS or related spatial data science field
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS Pro and ModelBuilder (or open-source equivalents)
- Familiarity in working with data in large relational databases (SQL, Oracle, SDE, or Postgres)
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS Enterprise and Web AppBuilder preferred
- Experience working in FME Desktop and Server preferred
- Experience using 3rd party petroleum data for analysis (DrillingInfo and RS Energy Group) a plus
- Interest in presenting at conferences and being involved in professional societies a plus
Bachelors degree or higher in GIS or related field