Organization: Darkhorse Geospatial
Title: GEOINT Data Scientist/GIS Programmer (TS/SCI)
Location: Springfield, VA
***Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance Required***
Darkhorse Geospatial LLC is looking for exceptional Data Scientist with a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI) clearance to support a federal contract. If you are an experienced Data Scientist interested in joining our team, please email us your resume soon. We have immediate openings.
Journeyman: 3-10 years of experience
Apply now: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Support NGA in Springfield, VA as a Data Scientist with a focus on the Maritime Safety mission. Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced, team environment supporting critical maritime GEOINT activities. The client seeks to quantitatively improve the mission areas of Maritime Features, Surfaces, Publications, Events, Dissemination, Source Assessment, and Metrics through existing operational activities.
• Collect, process, and perform data analysis
• Integrate, centralize, protect, and maintain data in a DBMS
• Clean, massage, and organize data
• Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
• Communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner using story-telling / visualization
• Create / maintain tools to extract features from a variety of sources including raster to vector, vector to vector, text to vector, and text to database
• Write / maintain Python Scripts in ARCGIS to improve efficiency of the production process.
• 3 to 10 years of programming skills with the ability to write / maintain scripts, including Python and JAVA scripts and familiarity of querying with SQL.
• Advanced knowledge in data science, including areas of data services, modeling and analytics.
• Advanced knowledge of geospatial data management including data type conversion; coordinate systems (latitude and longitude, UTM) and their conversions; knowledge of projections and their properties and conversions.
• Experience working with data quality control tools including ArcGIS Data ReViewer
• Proficiency with ESRI Workflow Manager WMX and TAM
• Experience combining digital cartography, computer technology, GIS, cartographic and geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, photogrammetry, and digital data formats.
• Knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS and ArcServer. Knowledge of database systems and architecture (ORACLE, PostgresSQL, NoSQL (MongoDB), Microsoft Access)
• SQL scripting
ABOUT DARKHORSE GEOSPATIAL US-based, American-made. We are a passionate team who believe in ownership, excellence, and above all else, our freedom and national security. At Darkhorse Geospatial, you may come across the ethical hacker, pilot, woodworker, beekeeper, brew-master, or globetrotter. Our uniqueness creates the fresh ideas and innovation that sets us apart and makes us successful in the diverse CT environment. We work hard and play hard, both with pride. Have you ever invented something? Do you constantly evaluate ways to improve processes or technologies? Do you have the confidence to promote your ideas? Do you see opportunity where others see a roadblock? If so, we would love to hear from you!
• Industry Competitive Salary
• 75% company-paid individual health insurance (Medical and Dental)
• Annual paid time off (PTO)
• 7% company 401(k) secure contribution with immediate vesting and no employee contribution requirement
• Company-paid life insurance, short-term disability, and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D); Voluntary long-term disability insurance option
• $240 Blue Apron gift card, per year. Yum!
• Employee Referral Bonus