Organization: City of Naperville
Title: Senior GIS Analyst
Location: Naperville, IL
Job Title: Senior GIS Analyst - 3008
Closing Date: When Filled
Salary: $61,402.68 - $79,175.01 Commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Naperville Municipal Center, 400 S Eagle St, Naperville, Illinois
Department: Information Technology
The City of Naperville seeks a highly-motivated and innovative candidate to fill the position of Senior GIS Analyst in its IT Department under the general direction of the GIS Coordinator to perform a wide variety of routine to complex technical duties including the design, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance and support for the City’s GIS.
• Assists in the design, development, maintenance and implementation of the organization’s GIS web mapping applications
• Determines and evaluates user needs, designs data models, performs data analysis, and coordinates interactions with existing data; establishes spatial data standardization and development and review of metadata standards
• Provides support and administration of data maintenance activities, workflow processes and related applications; develops scripts to streamline work processes and automate user interfaces.
• Automates manual GIS processes using geoprocessing models, Model Builder, and Python
• Serves as technical resource to city departments, including providing assistance and training in the use of GIS data and systems, recommending, troubleshooting, and providing support for GIS software, databases, and other related applications.
• Prepare technical documentation including data specifications, user requirements and procedures
• Consults with city departments regarding departmental GIS needs and requirements; including identifying, designing, and developing GIS applications Minimum Qualifications
• A Bachelor's Degree in GIS/Geography, Planning, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
• 3-5 years of professional level experience in developing and implementing automated GIS geographic information systems, an equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered.
• Proficiency with the ESRI software suite (version 10 and newer), including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, Web Application Builder, and ArcSDE.
• Proficiency with automating process using common GIS analysis tools, including Model Builder or Python scripting
• Experience in system integration, web services, and service-orientated architecture: SOAP and REST
• Possess a collaborative ethic for working with teammates to solve problems and experience troubleshooting end-user issues in an enterprise environment
• Possess organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 146,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a dynamic & collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
APPLY ON-LINE AT:
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.