Organization: Centurion Consulting Group
Title: ArcGIS DevOps Engineer
Location: Greenbelt, MD
The ArcGIS DevOps Engineer will work with multiple application teams to migrate Geospatial and ArCGIS related systems into the Technical Integrator (TI) Environment in support of the Federal Program. This individual will work technical details with application teams to ensure they are migrated successfully. This individual will coordinate implementation with the application teams and Task 1 (Architecture) and Task 3 (Implementation). This individual will also take part in ArcGIS and DevOps related training activities for application teams. This individual will have ArcGIS and Geospatial development, design, architecture, integration and testing experience.
• Takes direction from Migration Dev/Ops Engineering Lead to migrate several applications into TI provided DevOps environments, either cloud or data-center based.
• Provides technical guidance to application teams to take advantage of cloud technologies, and implement cloud infrastructure, as needed.
• Works with application teams to document application internal/external interface requirements for Development, Testing, Staging and Production environments
• Works with application teams to ensure compliance with High Availability and Disaster Recovery related concept of operations.
• Works with ESRI ArcGIS Products in different environments and platforms in Application Development, DevOps, Performance Engineering and Testing, Scalability and Integration with other Applications
• Works with Geospatial Applications that involves ArcGIS and related software tools
• Implements middleware application specific requirements as needed, ensuring that integration across components in the TI provided environment is functional.
• Implements migration efforts with application teams, including data migration.
• Assists and takes part in training activities with application teams and ensures that DevOps provided processes/tools are effective. Suggests enhancements on behalf of application teams as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Previous experience migrating application teams from data center to data center and from data center to cloud.
• Familiarity with both traditional and emerging system architectures (e.g., three tier, web services, micro-services, etc.)
• Application development experience preferred in one or more high-level languages
• Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment tools and methodologies
• Experience maintaining and administering configuration management systems such as Enterprise GitHub.
• Experience maintaining and administering software build systems such as Jenkins.
• Experience maintaining and administering artifact repository systems such as Artifactory.
• Ability to automate workflows through scripting or other technologies such as Ansible or Puppet.
• Experience determining and implementing middleware requirements.
• Demonstrated understanding of IT management, administration, applications and system development lifecycles within a substantial IT environment.
• Experience with AWS cloud implementations of ESRI technologies (ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Portal), specifically ESRI-based High Availability configurations; and with deployment and support of ESRI REST Web Services in a cloud environment.
• Knowledge of automated deployment of ArcGIS Server via Rest API & python.
• Knowledge of Geospatial technologies, data structures, Architecture, deployments and application integration
• Relevant knowledge of current and emerging technologies related to Geospatial and DevOps
• Proficient in Cloud technologies. AWS Solutions Architect and/or AWS Developer Certification(s) preferred.
Years of Experience: 10 years
Education Requirements: Bachelors
Clearance: Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors
FOR MORE INFORMATION, EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO:
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse