Organization: Global Mapping Strategies
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Dearborn Michigan
This is a full-time position. We are especially interested in recent college graduates.
Contact Name: Michael Clow
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web address: www.global-mapping.om
Job site: Dearborn, MI
Please consider joining us in our work of mapping data in markets all over the world. We have worked on mapping data in over 26 countries on 6 continents for over 20 years and are currently working on projects for China, India, Thailand, South Africa and Philippines.
Should you join the GMS Team as a GIS Analyst you would be responsible for extracting, preparing and loading geographic data into usable information for clients via dynamic maps. Tasks also involve automating data processing tasks utilizing Spatial ETL software. You will be responsible for map data extraction, manipulation and quality control. The end process is to use ArcGIS to build standard sets of dynamic marketing maps for client use.
- We desire self-motivated, balanced individuals with a strong sense of Integrity and Teamwork
- BS/BA degree in GIS/IT/MIS/Computer Science/GIS related or equivalent training & experience
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively with associates, managers and clients.
- 1-3 years experience with GIS software, preferably ESRI ArcGIS v10.1 or higher
- High attention to detail
- Effective at handling multiple internal and customer projects simultaneously while meeting project goals
- The ability to operate discretely in client setting while protecting company processes
- Intermediate level user of Microsoft Excel and Access (Pivot Tables, Filters, Macros)
- Programming knowledge/expertise a plus
- SQL,VB/VBA, HTML, XML, Python, Perl scripting experience desirable
- ETL software experience with Alteryx and/or Tableau desirable
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse