Organization: AUSTIN UTILITIES
Title: GIS Technician
Location: Austin MN
GIS Technician Description
Austin Utilities is seeking a talented and self-driven GIS Technician to join our Engineering Services team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, operating, and maintaining the GIS system for the water, natural gas, electric, and fiber-optic utilities. Responsible for GIS program planning, coordination, GIS mapping, database management, and application development. Prepares drawings, recording and filing of engineering documentation, routine and complex technical engineering related work in the areas of water, natural gas, electric and fiber optics lines, distribution system components and utility facilities in the office and in the field.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop, operate, and maintain a GIS system for the water, natural gas, electric, and fiber-optic utilities.
• Performs routine and complex technical engineering related work in the planning and recording of water, natural gas, and electric utility infrastructure.
Why should you apply?
Austin Utilities has been recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work” in Southeast Minnesota. We put your safety first, and have been the recipient of several safety awards over the past six years. As an integral member of our engineering team, this position provides an opportunity for personal and career development to advance your professional career as you demonstrate your expertise within our organization. Austin Utilities has an Enterprise License with ESRI, providing all the tools needed for developing a successful GIS System. You will have the opportunity to work with a very dedicated team of professionals who are passionate in their service to our community. And, we offer a work environment where work-life balance is realized.
What will it take to be successful?
• The ideal candidate will have graduated from an accredited technical or community college in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or related field such as Geography, Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science with an emphasis in GIS coursework and training, and a minimum of two years full-time experience with GIS mapping and database management using ESRI ArcGIS software or its equivalent for a municipal or utility type application; or any equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Possess a current and valid driver’s license.
• Submit to random drug testing requirements.
What a career at Austin Utilities can offer you…
As a community-owned enterprise for over 100 years, we offer the stability of providing a required service and commodity for our community. We are a diverse team of professionals who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community through new and innovative technologies. We understand employees have competing priorities. That is why we have created an environment that embraces teamwork and flexibility. Join a diverse team of high performers who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community and tap into the power of your potential!
How to apply: Please complete the GIS Technician Application Packet (application and supplemental questionnaire) located on our website http://www.austinutilities.com/pages/about-us-employment/. Please forward your application package and resume to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mail: Austin Utilities, Attn: Human Resources, 1908 14th St NE, Austin MN 55912. EEO
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse