Organization: The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
Title: IT Systems Manager/Leader
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD
Application Deadline: 2018-11-23
The Prince George's County Planning Department of The Maryland-National Capital Park and
Planning Commission is seeking an experienced Information Technology (IT) Manager to lead
the Network and Technology Services section. This section is responsible for the support,
monitoring, and maintenance of the daily operations of the Department's information technology infrastructure.
The section is responsible for fielding, assessing, solving, assigning, and/or escalating IT
requests. The section is also responsible for systems administration activities (network active
directory, file server, email, security, and firewall); acts when resources are interrupted, or
alerts are received; responds to helpdesk requests; and provides user support, configuration,
and maintenance of computer hardware resources. As part of this process, the section
communicates any service interruptions to stakeholders, and escalates issues not resolved
within an appropriate timeframe. The section prepares and manages service level agreements,
participates in procurement support, and maintains software inventory and license renewal
The IT Supervisor oversees a staff of 5-7 persons and supports approximately 200 users.
Documentation of procedures, employee recruitment, and oversight of IT budgeting is required. This position will also coordinate closely with the Department's GIS and Data Systems Section Supervisors and the Commission's CIO as needed.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT DUTIES:
• Under direction of the Information Management Division (IMD) Chief, manage the day-to-
day operations of the section, including supervision of full-time staff and contractors;
completion of performance evaluations, overseeing time and attendance, scheduling
coordination, and personnel budget management.
• Deliver effective and efficient service through the adherence and continued development
of standards, contingencies, and documentation.
• Recommend, formulate, and implement information technology strategies, policies, and
procedures by evaluating organization outcomes.
• Complete projects by coordinating resources and timetables with IMD Division Chief and
senior management; coordinate software upgrades and project implementation.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending trainings; reviewing
professional resources; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state of-the-art practices; participating in professional organizations.
• Effectively communicate to a variety of stakeholders in both verbal and written formats.
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science or closely related field including courses directly applicable to assigned technology area.
2. Six years of directly related experience.
3. An equivalent combination of education and experience.
• IT Supervisory Experience
• Experience managing an IT Help Desk.
• Robust troubleshooting skills
• Experience as a systems administrator of a critical enterprise wide application.
• Demonstrated project management experience.
• Strong writing skills and oral presentation ability.
• IT-related certifications. (i.e. ITIL, Microsoft, Comptia, etc.)
The Prince George's County Planning Department is currently located in historic Upper Marlboro, Maryland. Free on-site parking is available for employees. In the foreseeable future, the
Department will be moving to a newly renovated, state-of-the-art building in Largo, Maryland, conveniently located near Metro and 1-495.
The M-NCPPC offers a competitive salary range of $76,533 to $133,379 at the IT Systems
Manager/Leader level with an excellent benefits package. The Commission is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from minorities, females, and persons with disabilities.
IT Systems Manager/Leader (12148, Grade EJT)
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse