Organization: Mason Bruce & Girard
Title: GIS Analyst
About the Position
Work on this project requires proficiency in GIS including but not limited to GIS analysis, ArcGIS Online, mobile data development and dashboard development. Work will be onsite at client offices and could be based in San Francisco, Sacramento or Auburn, California depending on the candidate’s preference. Work is a full-time salaried position
The GIS Analyst will perform the following tasks:
• GIS Project Support
o Preparation of mobile data schemas
o Data intake
o ArcGIS Online management
o Data quality control and editing
o Data analytics and reporting
o Dashboard development and deployment
o Interaction with field staff and project managers
o Construct and maintain GIS databases.
o Contribute to technical reports as required
o Demonstrate GIS products and/or trains others in techniques.
o Use standard operations and scripted processes to manipulate and analyze geospatial data to support multi-resource analysis in support of planning
o Understand and utilize metadata to document as well as determine appropriate use of data.
o Responsible for accurate and timely deliverables and documentation for all projects.
o Responsible for client satisfaction and delivery of high quality GIS products.
o Actively promotes MB&G as a premier provider of natural resource consulting services.
In order to excel at the Level 2 GIS Analyst position, you should possess the following skills, experience, and background:
• Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resources related field. Master’s degree a plus.
• Work-related experience pertaining to GIS and natural resource and/or utilities management highly desired.
• Proficient with Esri’s ArcGIS software 10.3 or later.
• Ability to work effectively within the ArcGIS online environment
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of GIS concepts and principles.
• Basic to intermediate GIS data modeling and database development skills.
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of GIS data formats.
• Experience with mobile applications.
• Experience developing and deploying dashboards
• Experience using Python, Web AppBuilder or other development tools, a plus.
• Proficient with MS Office Suite
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Enthusiastic and team-oriented individual.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
• Client service oriented.
Mason, Bruce & Girard, Inc. is a full-service natural resource consulting firm, with expertise in environmental services, forestry and geographic information systems (GIS). A set of core values guide our work, focusing our efforts on providing responsible, sustainable solutions that meet client needs.
Our areas of expertise include forestry, wildlife, fisheries, wetlands, water quality, and GIS. Our work is characterized by the highest level of client service, the application of the best science and technology, quality processes and results, integrity, and our respect for the natural environment. We provide natural resource consulting services to both industry and government, and have done so since 1921.
Join Us/Apply Now
Click here http://www.masonbruce.com/careers/join-our-team/ or visit the Careers section of our website to send us your resume.
Mason, Bruce & Girard is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or consideration protected by local, state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Equal opportunity applies to hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and any other organizational action. MB&G’s written Affirmative Action Plan is available to all employees and job applicants upon request.
MB&G is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse