Organization: International Association of Fire Fighters
Title: Fire Department Based EMS (GIS) Analyst
Location: Washington, DC
Fire Department Based EMS (GIS) Analyst
APPLY ONLINE HERE
INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FIRE FIGHTERS, AFL-CIO
The International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) currently has an IMMEDIATE opportunity for a Fire-Based EMS Specialist (Non-Exempt) to support programmatic research and analysis related to the evaluation of local emergency response systems and the deployment of fire and emergency medical response resources. This is a great opportunity to directly affect all-hazards emergency response systems and the lives of professional multi-role firefighters and single-role EMS providers in the United States and Canada.
Starting salary is $81K rising to $97K within two years - SUPERB benefits including free comprehensive health insurance employee and dependents, 401k match, pension, and more!
With headquarters in Washington, DC, and Ottawa, Ontario, the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) represents more than 310,000 full-time professional fire fighters and single-role EMS providers in more than 3,100 local affiliates.
Please note: The IAFF is unable to provide immigration sponsorship & telework is not available.
Primary responsibilities for this position are to conduct comprehensive evaluations and detailed analysis of fire and emergency medical response systems using customized research and interviews with IAFF affiliate leaders, Fire Chiefs, EMS officials and politicians. This position will entail developing and providing technical assistance to affiliates regarding changes to fire protection and EMS system delivery. The candidate should have a working knowledge of EMS reimbursement methods and other financial matters, including health insurance and Medicare/Medicaid payments to ambulance services.
Candidates should be able to filter, clean and process quantitative information from a variety of sources, juggle multiple tasks, and interact effectively with clients and colleagues.
This is a full time position (32-hour work week) with office assignment at the Headquarters of the International Association of Firefighters in Washington D.C.
· Provides subject matter expertise across a broad range of public safety issues, related to fire and EMS operations
· Communicate effectively in writing
· Writes policy papers for industry-wide audiences, maintains existing reports, analyzes proposed legislative changes and develops new reports, which must meet mission requirements
· Coordinates with other IAFF departments to educate federal, state and local government agencies on EMS-related policies, rules and regulations
· Conducts analysis, review and occasionally rebuttal of EMS integration, fire department staffing and deployment
· Represents IAFF at national stakeholder meetings regarding fire and EMS issues
· Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission
· Periodic travel
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Minimum of five years’ experience as a career multi-role firefighter or single-role EMS provider
· Maintain EMS licensure or certification
Necessary Skills and Experience:
· Basic understanding of labor unions
· Basic understanding of fire and EMS deployment and operations, as well as interoperability with other public safety professionals
· Strong analytical abilities, solid analytical and trouble-shooting skills, with the ability to quickly identify and solve client issues
· Excellent oral, interpersonal, written communication skills
· Excellent analytical and research skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships and to make persuasive arguments with internal and external stakeholders
· Extensive practical experience in fire and EMS service, including: knowledge of the government rules, regulations, and procedures affecting fire and EMS services
· Fundamental knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS and other associated software
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Skills and Experience:
· Knowledge of governmental regulation as it relates to EMS
· Experience with ArcGIS
· Experience with data analysis
· Experience with SQL and similar technologies
· Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets such as excel, SPSS, SAS, pandas, R, etc.
APPLY ONLINE HERE
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans, and those in traditionally disadvantaged groups.
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse