Organization: Data Vision Group (DVG)
Title: Esri Platform Engineer
Location: New York City, NY
Title – Esri Platform Engineer
Description - This position works closely with clients to establish solutions to 1) support the customer’s mission and make it successful, 2) broaden the impact of GIS technology to its business, and 3) help shape the ArcGIS platform by identifying new implementation opportunities. Individuals in this position must be able to proactively craft, propose and implement configured solutions that address critical challenges and mission requirements faced by our customers.
Location – Manhattan, NY. Must able to visit multiple locations in Manhattan regularly, Ability to work remotely.
Company Description - DVG (https://www.dvginteractive.com/) specializes in implementing enterprise GIS solutions. Specifically, we cover the full software and project development life cycle for successful GIS implementations. DVG offers Esri focused software development for the web, desktop, and mobile encompassing Esri APIs and SDKs. We also provide enterprise architecture design and implementation for standalone ArcGIS Enterprise environments within secure datacenters, hybrid datacenters, and scalable cloud environments. DVG also offers GIS data services including GIS desktop data creation/editing, geodatabase design/implementation, GIS processing and ETL services, and GIS "lift and shift" to the cloud.
In addition to GIS focused solutions, DVG offers services such as business process consulting, agile application development, data warehousing, reporting and analytics, UI/UX design, project management and application support. Other areas of expertise include information sharing, predictive policing (data-driven policing), and complex event processing. DVG routinely acts as a system integrator, linking disparate technologies to solve challenging business problems.
• Work closely with customers to identify, design, implement and certify key GIS workflows for the ArcGIS platform
• Provide platform (i.e., client and server) configuration guidance and best practices to customers
• Understand how Esri’s technology integrates/interfaces with customers' vision
• Communicate ArcGIS Enterprise technologies to technical and non-technical customers
• Be able to understand, create, and explain new data products created by spatial analysis
• Present complex GIS technical demonstrations to various levels of staff in a diverse range of customer organizations
• Self-motivated, proactive, creative, and team oriented
• Collaborate internally to help customer organizations align their technical objectives and business goals with Esri’s technology platform
• Prepare and present high-quality business and technically-related documentation
• Communicate best practices for building and maintaining enterprise geodatabases
• Minimum of five years’ experience designing, implementing, and/or administrating enterprise GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform (desktop, server, and online)
• Experience with Esri software including ArcGIS Enterprise, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Runtime, and their associated APIs or interfaces
• Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
• Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented and cloud
• Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (Scrum)
• Experience integrating software solutions with other business systems including data warehousing, BI, CRM, ERP, and analytics platform
• Strong, persuasive communication skills; ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
• Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
• US citizenship (preferred)
Recommended Qualifications (preferred, but not required)
• Esri Certification
• Familiarity or experience with general IT concepts such as database management systems (DBMS), Web Servers (IIS, Apache, etc.), and enterprise security (LDAP, Active Directory, etc.)
• Experience in the design, development, implementation, and/or administration of enterprise GIS systems
• Installation and configuration skills for Esri’s foundation applications such as:
o Collector for ArcGIS
o Operations Dashboard
o Explorer for ArcGIS
o Esri Maps for Office
• Configuration and light-weight coding skills for Esri’s configurable applications such as:
o ArcGIS Web App Templates
o Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS
o AppStudio for ArcGIS
o Story Maps
o ArcGIS Solutions
Salary – Commensurate with experience.
Application Process – Please send resume and brief cover letter (max 1 page) to Ed Farrell (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Data Vision Group (DVG).
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse