Organization: New Light Technologies Inc.
Title: Geospatial Architect/Administrator
Location: Washington DC
New Light Technologies Inc is seeking a talented Geospatial Architect/Administrator to join a team of technology professionals in the Washington DC area building state-of-the-art computing environments, web applications, and data tools supporting missions critical to our nation’s communities, economy, and public safety. Apply your skills with server-side technologies to design, develop, enhance, automate, operate, maintain, and manage enterprise environments, architectures, and applications that enable critical services that power innovative data visualization and decision support tools, applications, and data dissemination services to the public. The candidate will work in an exciting multi-disciplinary environment among a team of talented and dedicated professionals in a variety of fields including Information Technology, Security, Computer Science, Geography, Planning and Urban Development, Emergency Management, Economics, and Statistics. The candidate will act as a lead and as a member of a team in operating, managing, and enhancing both steady-state enterprise COTS and Open Source GIS/Geospatial systems and applications for a variety of data-driven uses.
• Install, configure, and manage COTS and Open Source server-side GIS/Geospatial software platforms (ESRI Portal, GeoServer, Boundless, ENVI, etc.) within an AWS cloud environment.
• Install and manage COTS and Open Source server-side database software (PostGres, PostGIS, SQLite, SQLServer, Oracle, MongoDB, etc.) within an AWS cloud environment.
• Lead installation, upgrade and patching, and performance tuning for server-side Geospatial components.
• Design and recommend new application architectures optimized for high performance, reliability, scalability, interoperability, and security.
• Evaluate and test new server-side Geospatial, remote sensing and database management software systems and maintain multiple Development, Test and Production instances of Geospatial software components.
• Manage Geospatial and database software backup/recovery processes.
• Work with other system administrators/engineers and Geospatial team members, application developers, business users, infrastructure support teams and upper management to provide system support and expertise for project timelines and systems maintenance lifecycles.
• Provide expert support troubleshooting and resolving complex Geospatial software issues for customers and users.
• Assist in documenting and presenting existing and proposed future architectures.
• Experience automating tasks and deployment of apps in a Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD) environment through scripting and other tools to manage infrastructure as code (Terraform, Ansible, Shell, Python, etc.)
• Familiarity with Cloud Computing platforms (such as AWS, Azure, Google, etc.)
• Support AWS cloud configuration and operations tasks (such as storage mgmt., IDM, web server config) as required.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
• Broad technical knowledge of IT, Cloud, Linux server administration, client/server, networked, and web-based environments.
• Experience managing server-side enterprise Geospatial and GIS software (including ESRI Portal, GeoServer, Boundless, ENVI, etc).
• Experience with virtualized and cloud computing environments (particularly AWS).
• Experience leading complex software and applications installations and upgrades.
• Experience managing data intensive applications with complex real-time databases.
• Experience working in an Agile DevSecOps environment.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a high-paced team environment.
• Strong writing, communication, and documentation, presentation skills.
• A Bachelors or Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information systems, or other field preferred.
• Candidates must be U.S. Citizens and have the ability to obtain and hold U.S. Government security clearance
How to Apply:
Please send resumes and cover letter to email@example.com (with ‘Geospatial Architect/Administrator’ in the subject line).
New Light Technologies Inc., a small business based in Washington DC, provides comprehensive information technology solutions for clients in government, commercial, and non-profit sectors including extensive experience in public safety & emergency management, transportation, urban planning, demographics & economics, environmental studies, telecommunications, healthcare, and other fields. NLT specializes in DevOps enterprise-scale systems development, management, and staffing and offers unique capabilities in IT Infrastructure Modernization, Mobile Computing, Cybersecurity, Big Data Development, Modeling & Analytics, Geospatial Information Systems, and the Development of High Performance Web-based Visualization Solutions.
If you’re looking to join a dynamic company that promotes a strong work/life balance and that leads the industry in providing cutting edge solutions for the government and private sector, you’ve found the place. At New Light Technologies, Inc. (NLT), our team members possess an entrepreneurial spirit, are creative problem solvers and are committed to working hard to exceed client expectations. NLT offers competitive salaries, excellent health benefits and a network of like-minded team members that drive innovation. NLT is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information visit www.newlighttechnologies.com.
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse