Organization: Freedom Consulting Group
Title: GIS System Engineer/Administrator
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Hello jobseeker! We are Freedom Consulting Group. Here, employees have the freedom to spread their creative wings. With a team of experienced leaders and top-tier talent, we’ve worked hard to establish ourselves as the premier technology company serving the Intelligence Community. At Freedom, your brain is always in style.
To apply for this job go to https://freedomconsultinggroup.com/careers/
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
● Work with customers and analysts to understand and validate GIS requirements and needs.
● Responsible for supporting analytic workflows including publishing map services in a variety of formats, supporting geodatabase workflows, and assisting in supporting customers in complex geospatial analysis
● Responsible for assisting in troubleshooting operations of geospatial tools on a variety of operating systems
● Responsible for performing tuning map servers, geodatabases, big data stores
● Responsible for assisting with designing and implementing high availability geospatial systems
● Create an understanding of developed tools, answer questions and create necessary documentation for new developments.
● Responsible for collaborating with technical leads and development teams on software upgrades
● Responsible for working with the commercial vendor to define enhancements and bugs.
● Responsible for tracking work within JIRA
● Five (5) years of working experience as a GIS System Engineer/Administrator.
● Three (3) or more years of extensive and current ESRI GIS product suite experience.
● Experience in using Open Source GIS tools desired.
● Regardless of formal background, he/she must have a demonstrable knowledge and experience with designing, developing, and deploying GIS-based applications through the web or directly through software application.
● Proven ability to solve varied technical problems; be capable of reviewing technical specifications and requirements for accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives and schedule.
● Knowledge of the Esri suite including ArcGIS Enterprise Server, ArcGIS Online/Portal, ArcGIS Desktop/Pro, ArcGIS Earth, GeoEvents Server, Insights, GeoAnalytic desired
● Have a proven ability to communicate and define complex requirements and have strong oral and written capabilities.
● Must be comfortable leading technical efforts on the design, deployment and support of an enterprise GIS
● Familiarity with Windows and LINUX security policies and how they affect operations of COTS and FOSS tools.
● Experience in performing software upgrades desired
● UNIX and Windows Server knowledge and skills are essential.
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse