Organization: Freedom Consulting Group
Title: Software Engineer
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Freedom Consulting Group is seeking a software engineer to support one of its growing prime contracts. In this position you will join a talented team of geospatial engineers and developers working on enterprise wide GIS web services and applications. Responsibilities include:
• Develop and maintain GIS systems including near real time processing, big data visualization and complex geospatial analysis
• Deploy and support an internal Enterprise GIS consisting of current Esri and open source offerings.
• Perform complex design, coding and testing of spatial applications using technologies including Java, .Net, C#, and Python
The ideal candidate will be an experienced GIS focused software development engineer who works well on their own, or as part of a team and is not afraid of a challenge.
● Four (4) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
● A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline.
● An additional four (4) years of software development experience on projects with similar software development processes may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree
● Experience working with the customer or stakeholder to define, document, and implement system requirements.
● The ability to create and execute test cases for peer code testing.
Shall possess the following capabilities:
● Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
● Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
● Write or review software and system documentation
● Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
● Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
● Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
● Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
● Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Experience with the following technologies:
● Geospatial tools and APIs, Desired
● Windows OS, Required
● SQL, Required
● Unix/Linux OS, Required
● JAVA, C#, .NET or C++, Required
● Experience with ElasticSearch, Desired
● DoJo Service or Similar Technologies, Desired
● Python, Desired
● HTML, Desired
● CSS, Desired
● JSP, Desired
● AJAX, Desired
● Spring framework, Desired
● JEE technologies, Desired
● Developing Web Services (SOAP and REST), Required
● XML tools (e.g., XPATH,XQUERY, DOM,SAX, XSLT), Desired
● IIS, Desired
● APACHE, Desired
● CASPORT, Required
● Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Required
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with appropriate agency Polygraph is required.
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse